Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tech2309

Re: Blackout screen with sound

TCL ROKU TV:  black screen but I can press the ok button remote to open a TV app, start playing something and have sound.  To clarify the screen never turns on turning this.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@Tech2309, there are countless people reporting the same thing in the TV section of the "community".  The most likely cause is a hardware failure that can't be fixed by any kind of update.   Try unplugging the power overnight.  If the TV is still under warranty, contact TCL:

Where can I get support for my Roku TV™? | Official Roku Support

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Jgroves76

Yea, just went through this and gave up.  TV was only 5 years old. I tried the unplugging, the reset, the factory reset, unplugging everything and factory resetting, holding the power button down, bought a new HDMI cord, but none of it worked.  So I called Costco tech support and they couldn’t help BUT did figure out if I shined a bright flashlight on the screen I could see what it was supposed to be showing.  Went through all the menu options but none of them helped.  I then called Roku who did not help and lastly TCL who acted like this was the first they heard about it….really?  This is obviously a glitch that THEY created by sending out bad coding for the update. I’ll be contacting BBB and am looking to find out who is starting the class action LS. Total BS.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.