Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sramalouf
Reel Rookie

Problems with NBC News app.

Jump to solution

NBC News app requires multiple (over 20 today) clicks before it loads.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled to no avail.  All other apps work normally.  

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Problems with NBC News app.

Jump to solution

Hi @ckmcarr,

Greetings from the Roku Community, and thanks for keeping us posted!

After attempting the troubleshooting steps and videos from other channels play fine, contact the channel provider's customer support team to report the issue and get help. Channels on Roku are maintained by the channel developers themselves. In this case, there's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from them.

If there's anything else that we can do to assist you, please keep us posted.

Kind regards,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello @sramalouf,

We are delighted to welcome you to the Roku Community!

We understand that you are experiencing some trouble with the NBC News app, and we appreciate your efforts to troubleshoot the issue.

We are here to help you out. If you are still facing the problem, please let us know if you are also experiencing the same issue on other channels on the platform.

Moreover, could you please provide us with the error message, if any? This will assist us in further investigating the issue and finding a solution for you.

Thank you for reaching out to us. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Best regards,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
sramalouf
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

To:​
Roku Community

Mon 3/25/2024 5:07 PM
Thanks for the reply.  I get no error message.  The app just blinks and takes me back to the home screen.  Today, it connected normally once.  I just tried it two more times - it took two tries for the first attempt and connected normally for the second..  Perhaps the issue is resolving itself?  Before today, it has taken me over 20 tries before it connects.  

I know it seems silly, but I really like this news app.  As I said, all other apps work perfectly so this has been frustrating.  

sramalouf

RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thanks for keeping us posted, @sramalouf

We truly appreciate you for providing the additional details!

If you see the issue coming back again, please do share with us the details below.

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).

Once we have this information, we'll be able to forward this to the appropriate Roku team.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
sramalouf
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Good information to have.  It connected right away this morning so think it may have resolved itself.  Thanks for the help!  

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

@sramalouf,

Thanks for the prompt response!

We're glad to hear that this has been resolved. Feel free to get back here and let the Community know if there's anything else we can do to further assist you.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ckmcarr

Jump to solution

This is happening to me too!

For a week or so, it has been between 5-10 times/tries with no ability to get on Roku/NBC News app today at all. All other apps are working properly.

I updated app.

I unplugged ROKU and reloaded it.

I deleted NBC News app and reloaded.

No error messages, just won't load.

NO WAY TO GET ONTO THE APP. PLEASE HELP.

Thanks,

Kathleen #NBCNEWSAPP

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @ckmcarr,

Greetings from the Roku Community, and thanks for keeping us posted!

After attempting the troubleshooting steps and videos from other channels play fine, contact the channel provider's customer support team to report the issue and get help. Channels on Roku are maintained by the channel developers themselves. In this case, there's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from them.

If there's anything else that we can do to assist you, please keep us posted.

Kind regards,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.