Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dfgsrzwer
Roku Guru

Re: Prime and Netflix crashing on Roku TV

@Mquintenz 

The first thing I do with all apps is turn off previews/autoplay (assuming they allow it... some don't (I'm looking at you, Peacock)).

It's the TV not having the hardware capability when bloated software gets more bloated with unnecessary updates. When I first bought my TV about 4 years ago, it worked fine. I now have to unplug it daily to clear the cache.

0 Kudos
2therock
Channel Surfer

This is a major pain in the neck. Several pages of posts and months and no fix. I'll be returning mine for a chromecast.

LG C2 55" OLED | Pioneer VSX-LX505 AVR | ROKU | Chromecast | XUMO
0 Kudos
SPBero
Channel Surfer

Friends, I bit the bullet a few weeks ago, did a hard reset on the TCL Roku TV, and reinstalled my previous apps. I did NOT use any theme for the screen background; I kept the default generic background. Things were working fine until a few days ago when, while watching a movie, the screen suddenly went black, though the sound continued. I turned off the set, unplugged it, waited a minute, then plugged it in and turned it on. No picture. I let the set sit overnight and tried again in the morning. No picture. I will contact TCL to see if there's a fix, but I'm not hopeful. I forecast having to buy a new TV monitor, definitely not a TCL.

0 Kudos
2therock
Channel Surfer

Tracker ID (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)

This does not work for when the screen goes blank its unresponsive to the button presses. Like clock work this happens on Netflix.

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @2therock 

Sending you a warm welcome from me and everyone in the Roku Community.

We appreciate you for sharing the trouble you've encountered while gathering the Tracker ID on your Roku device, and we would be more than glad to assist. Could you please provide the following information below? We'd like to know your affected Roku device and the channels affected of the issue.

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version. (These can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • What channel and what version/build is the channel that is having the issue? (This can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button).\
  • Troubleshooting steps performed.

Once we have this information, we'll take note of this and forward it to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
2therock
Channel Surfer

You really expect us to jump these hoops and type all this stuff in? You have more than a few reports of this issue. Set one up yourself and see for yourself.

The above said, TV= LG C2 OLED 55". AVR= Pioneer VSX-LX505.

I powered the AVR down, unplugged the unit from the receiver and power, and switched inputs on the AVR putting a Chromcast 4K in its place in case the input on the AVR is faulty I could witness the Chromecast crash.

What I found during this is the female end of the HDMI extension cable Roku provided is VERY loose fitting. You can almost drop a male HDMI plug in. I have two Roku 4K sticks and received two of these and they are both the same. If you turn it pointing to the floor a cable will fall out of the extension.

Nothing much worse than an inconsistent ground.

I was getting the crash every time I used the Roku. It has not done it since the above and taking care to make sure the cable was seated all the way in and not pointing down. The Chromecast in the former input has not failed.

I will report the next time it crashes if it does.

0 Kudos
2therock
Channel Surfer

Still Happening,

The 5 home and 5 back are not responding during the failure. Only after it gets back to the home screen one can and perform this. That time stamp looks way off. It was around 9:30 AM PST

5Home5B01.jpg

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

We appreciate the follow-up, @2therock.

Rest assured, we have collected and forwarded the following details to the appropriate Roku team for review and further investigation. We appreciate your patience and understanding in the meantime. Should an update be available for this concern, we'll promptly let this thread know.

Let us know if you have further inquiries regarding this.

All the best,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @jwserichards 

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community.

We appreciate you for letting us know about the issue you've experienced with Netflix, and we'd like to gather more information regarding this matter so we can determine what actions to take to address this issue. 

• Is this isolated with Netflix channel or are other channels affected?
  • What specific Roku device you are having issues with?
  • What specific behavior does the channel exhibit?
  • Troubleshooting steps performed.

We hope to hear from you.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
TooTechnical
Streaming Star

Really Kask??!! C'mon now .. It's now boarder line ridiculous. You keep asking for the same exact info from everyone for months on end.  We all know what you're doing with the info. Yes there are those that are 1) Pacified by your answer 2) really angry with your answer (like me), or 3) Just give up all hope, learn their lesson on ROKU and nevervever come back to them to purchase anything they have their name on. They'll also spread their negative reviews as best they can.

So, have you even come up with a game plan yet? Can you show the public anything you are doing about this? I feel it's about time YOU come back with something of worth that we all paid your salary for...

Thx. 

0 Kudos