Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TooTechnical
Streaming Star

TCL Roku TV - Netflix constantly goes back to home screen

WOW John, REALLY!  We've all been complaining about this for months on end and you go and give this as a possible solution?

Let's face it, no one on your team is hardly taking this matter seriously at all and simply allowing us all to use this chat room to vent. Y'all probably just keep this place open so as to keep us all complaining under your own roof rather than us complaining out of your control!

Sooner or later, everyone will gather up the courage and come up with a way to get a class action going as this will be the only way to get y'all to reimburse us for all the grief we've endured, but maybe, just maybe get your company to pull your inventory off the store shelves!!

How about a real game plan, John?

RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Prime and Netflix crashing on Roku TV

Hi @alantagne @TooTechnical,

We appreciate you updating the Roku Community!

We acknowledge that you are experiencing issues with Netflix and Disney+ streaming. Have you done the troubleshooting steps for resolving a channel playback issue? If you are, we recommend that you contact the customer support team of the channel provider to report and receive assistance if the problem still exists on one or two channels even after trying the troubleshooting procedures and videos from other channels to work as intended. Roku channels are maintained by the channel developers themselves, therefore an update from them may be necessary to resolve a problem with that particular channel.
Kindly inform us if there is anything further we can do to assist you.
All the best,
Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Thompson740
Reel Rookie

Re: Prime and Netflix crashing

This worked for me!  The option for App in Settings isn’t available on my Hitachi Roku TV.  I also noticed it doesn’t happen on my plug in Roku device for a different non smart tv.

0 Kudos
Casegal

This work great but it does the same thing the next day. It only happens on my Amazon prime and Netflix. My Hulu, Plex, an others work fine. It's a sharp Roku tv. Anyone else have these issues?

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community, @Casegal!

We appreicate you for trying to troubleshoot the app to no avail. No worries! We're here to further assist.

We are aware of this behavior and the relevant Roku team is currently in the process of finding the best resolution possible. With this being said, kindly provide us the following details below so we can include your device in the process:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and OS version. (this can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)

We'll be anticipating your response!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
FrustatedTG
Channel Surfer

@Casegal

I also have a Sharp TV and it started out only happening on Netflix and I tried everything that was recommended. It might help for a day, but quickly the problem returned. It went on to affect Hulu, Apple TV, Max, BritBox, Paramount, and YouTube. I gave up and bought a Chromecast on Black Friday. That solved all issues. I can watch shows without getting kicked out, the screen freezing up, etc. 

0 Kudos

Thank you so much

0 Kudos
Xarcell
Reel Rookie

I have the same problem. A restart only works for 24hrs.

RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thank you for letting us know, @Xarcell!

Firstly, is this an isolated case within the Netflix and Amazon Prime channels only? If so, we are aware of this occurring issue and the team is currently looking closely into this. With this being said, kindly provide us the following details below so we can include your device in the process of investigation:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and OS version. (this can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)

We'll be looking forward to your response!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Thompson740
Reel Rookie

thank you, this did work, however, the problem keeps happening after a couple of weeks.  Is there any permanent solution?

0 Kudos