Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kdw2024

Prime Video Keeps Shutting Down

This DID NOT work for me. It’s so frustrating to be able to watch all other channels on my TV without issue, but in order to actually watch anything on Prime it has to be on my smart device or computer. If Prime and Roku are arguing or in some kind of dispute, they need to get this figured out and a fix sent for their customers who are being affected. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Prime Video Keeps Shutting Down

Hi @Kdw2024,

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community!

We understand you're having a problem with the Amazon Prime Video channel. We're happy to assist you further. May we know what troubleshooting steps you have taken so far? Is this the only channel that you're having issues with? Have you tried to update the channel by highlighting the channel tile, pressing the star button on your Roku remote, and selecting check for updates?

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Regards,                                                                                                                                                  John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Rubyrehead
Reel Rookie

yes prime/amazon is up to date.

restarted roku

restarted router  

constant issue of prime videos timing out  AND   FOX NEWS  Over a dozen times I have removed the apps then waited 24 hours, added them again.  SAME ISSUES

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hello! @Rubyrehead,

Thank you for sharing your post with us. 

We appreciate your efforts to troubleshoot the issue of not being able to play Prime Video on your Roku and would love to help you out with it.

We would be more than happy to investigate further, but we will need further details. Can you please provide us with the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.
We look forward to working with you to help resolve this issue.

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos