Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JustJoeAKABeans
Reel Rookie

Roku Ultra constantly freezes and rebooting in all channels

Ultra 4208X purchased from ROKU direct, new, updates, activates and freezing on any given app every 15-20 minutes sometimes reboots on its own other times I have reboot even had to reactivate once. This happens on any app hulu, netflix, max dosnt matter yes I restarted, yes removed apps and reinstalled everything is updated and I agreed to new legal notice

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
24 REPLIES 24
KFITZGERALD
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku Ultra constantly freezes and rebooting

I uninstalled the app, rebooted the Roku box and reinstalled the app.   It did run for longer than 3 minutes this time but it still kicked me back to the Roku screen after 20-30 minutes.

0 Kudos
KFITZGERALD
Channel Surfer

Tablo crashed today after about 3 minutes.

Device model - 4660RW - Roku Ultra

Serial number - YJ0063746420 (CS4876746420)

Software version 12.5.5 build 4174-46

GC version 10.6.34

Timestamp - 2024-01-28T23:19:12Z

issue ID 20-040-279

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @KFITZGERALD

Thanks for keeping us posted,

We appreciate you for providing the information to us. This will be passed along to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation. Once we acquire details regarding this, an update will be provided in this thread.

We hope for your patience and understanding as we work on this.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
KFITZGERALD
Channel Surfer

Thanks.

Now I'm having trouble using Peacock tonight after rebooting my Roku.  I'm playing a video  and the app crashes after about 3 minutes.

The Model/Serial #/Software version etc. is the same.  The only difference is the timestamp is 2024-10-31T00:46:08Z and the issue ID for this issue is 20-043-246.  

Thanks again,

Kevin

0 Kudos
daddio2
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku not working since update 2024

Both of my ultras have been having issues. I was away for a couple of weeks and returned to screen freezes, random reboots, and then no longer responding to voice commands. Occasionally, it will display a message "Could not perform that action", but I was not trying to do anything when those messages appeared.

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @daddio2,

Thanks for the first post in the Roku Community!

We're sorry for the experience that it may have caused. That's not what we aim for. We would be more than happy to look further into this issue. Does the issue only occur on a specific channel or all channels on your Roku device? Have you tried restarting your Roku device to see if it helps? We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power > System restart (if you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step).

Please keep us posted on what you find out.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
daddio2
Channel Surfer

Chel,

Thanks for the response. IF I can get into a channel or works fine. That is the challenge. The newer one no longer respond when I try to turn on the TV via voice. Sometimes, it will go to the main screen, but I only have four menu items on the left hand side, and all the channel tiles, but it won't navigate. It will reboot itself two or more times and then I can get to a channel. Sometimes, it will start, and I will have all the expected items on the left hand side, but no channel tiles, or squares where the channels are, but no logos. This has been occurring on both ultras since I returned from vacation. It is getting frustrating to go through several intentional and several automatic reboots on both.

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @daddio2,

Thanks for the response!

We appreciate the additional information. But we need more details on this so we can take the right action. Would you mind sharing with us a photo or video of the error you've encountered? What is the brand of your TV where your Roku Ultras have been connected? In addition, have you tried to restart your modem and router?

We look forward to hearing from you and looking closely into this issue. Thank you!

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
daddio2
Channel Surfer

I have restarted the networking equipment. Two Samsung tvs. The issues are specific to the Roku Ultra devices. I have not checked a third Roku 3 device to see if that also has the issue.

Not sure how to attach the images here. It does not provide a way to upload them.

0 Kudos