Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
QTip

Preview Thumbnails not Visible

A second try to post...

When accessing Frndly, FoxNation & Paramount+ the applications opens and displays the text associated with each show but many times most of the preview thumbnails are missing just, empty gray boxes. This does not happen on YouTubeTV, YouTube, Stirr, Pluto, & Tubi but on PLEX they are very slow to open and on the Roku Channel the first few are shown and empty boxes where the preview pictures would be below that.  This it true on three different Roku's and TV's.  A strange twist is this is not an issue on Xfinity cable (50MB/s down and 5 MB/s Up) but only occurs on Century Link Fiber (200MB/s down & up) .  

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Dfresh567
Roku Guru

Re: Preview Thumbnails not Visible

@QTip 

Hey there, I'm sorry to hear about this happening. From what I can tell from what you have shared you're looking at an issue around Century Link.

I'm not sure how many devices are being used in your household or is there is any gaming going on as well.

I will say 50-100 should be totally fine for a general use household. Anything over 200 is kind of unneeded for the most part. What it could be coming down to is the hardware. So if you have Century then we think about the modem, then going to the router, then being pushed out to the different areas around your house where your streaming devices, computers etc are.

What kind of Roku player do you have? When did you have xfinity and when did you move to Century? I'd be very curious to see what kind of router and modem you have. Did Century provide this?

I have some thoughts but let me know about the router and modem you have and how long have you has it.

Look forward to hearing from you and hopefully I can help you out.

0 Kudos
Dfresh567
Roku Guru

Re: Preview Thumbnails not Visible

@QTip 

II forgot to mention where you live can be a factor. to what degree I can't really say. There's a lot of variables.

Have you ever tried testing your speeds using fast.com you can get a pretty good read of your internet speed using this website and it super easy to use.

But be think about

- Internet provider

- Internet Speed (not as important always as we think)

- Modem & Wifi Router

- Network wiring

- Home size and layout

- Last but not least your reciever.

Hope you found atleast some of this somewhat helpful but let me know and hopefully I can help

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.