Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Allym

Playback freezing at before commercials on Roku Channel

When I try to watch shows on the Roku Channel every other commercial break or so it freezes and does not load the commercials. What I watch most is Xena Warrior Princess.

I have a:

Model: 4630x - roku premier

Serial #: yroo9j534732

Software: 10.5.0 build 4208-29

Device id: 7ka689534732

I also think it's stupid you don't have a technical support I can email or a way to report a problem from the watch screen like every other streaming service seems to have.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Playback freezing at before commercials on Roku Channel

Hi @Allym,

We appreciate your patience regarding this matter. I understand that your Roku device freezes every or after commercial when streaming Xena Warrior Princess through The Roku Channel, is that correct?

A few questions here to better understand what you're experiencing. Are all other streaming channels playing content normally? Does this happen on all movies/shows in The Roku Channel or just Xena Warrior Princess? In addition, have you tried removing The Roku Channel from the Roku home screen. Then, restart your device. Once it loads up again, add the channel back once more and try playing content again?

We look forward to hearing from you and assisting you with your needs. Thank you!

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.