Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Peacock Channel Won't Launch

Jump to solution

Element model: E1AA32R

Software version:  13.0.0 Build 24062-CJ

Issue report tracker:

Model: D805X - Roku TV

Serial number: X00700S39HYS

Software version:  13.0.0 Build 24062-CJ

GC version 11.10.22

Issue ID YS-300-255

0 Kudos
_RAZ_

Jump to solution

Issue report tracker

Model: 4802X - Roku Ultra

Serial number: X0100082L6XU (S0DA2382L6XU)

Software version: 13.1.4 build 1510-C2

GC version: 11.10.22

Timestamp: 2024-07-27T16:38:11Z

Please use issue ID XU-300-518 to report the current issue.

0 Kudos
alicebc3
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same issue but with this error message: "There was an error loading payment. Please try changing plans again in Account."

Do I need to pay through a Peacock account or is Roku having an issue with their payment program? Our PayPal account has been charged.

Please advise. 

Model 3941X-Roku Express 4K+

Serial Number: X10600RT8R58

Software version: 13.0.0 - build 20456-CR

Thanks for any help.

Alice

0 Kudos
Cjg1

Jump to solution

Went thru all your steps and the peacock channel will not load….message comes that it is unavailable

0 Kudos
Cjg1

Jump to solution

3810x roku streaming stick+

YH0069127342

13.0.0. Build 24056-50

ID 42-301-057

0 Kudos
Curlycue19

Jump to solution

I did all the system checks, restarts, and updates. Still saying I’m locked out. Any other advise? 

0 Kudos
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community Users,

Thank you for posting here in the Roku community!

We appreciate you informing us about this issue, and we would like to investigate further. Before we proceed, can you please confirm if the issue is happening with all channels or just one specific channel? Also, when did the problem first occur? Please make sure to follow the troubleshooting steps exactly as provided.

1. Uninstall the channel by highlighting it, pressing the * button, and selecting "remove".
  2. Clear cache and data: From the Roku home screen, navigate to Settings > System > Advanced system settings > Network connection reset. Choose "Reset connection" and then-
  3. Restart your Roku device by unplugging your TV and then plugging it back in. This step can help clear any temporary cache or data-causing issues.
  4. Check your internet connection: Ensure that your Roku device is connected to a stable internet connection. You can test your internet connection by going to Settings > Network > Check connection on your Roku device. If your connection is weak or unstable, try restarting your router or contacting your internet service provider for assistance.
  5. Reinstall the channel by pressing the home button on your Roku remote, scrolling and selecting "Store", and then adding the channel from there.
If you haven't tried any of the troubleshooting provided on our support page, here is how to resolve a channel playback issue.

If the issue still persists we strongly recommend that you contact their customer support team for further assistance and clarification. Most content on the Roku platform is provided and updated independently by the channel's providers.

Thanks,
Jharra
Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
alicebc3
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I ordered the Peacock Channel to watch the tennis matches in the Olympics. I paid the $7.99.  The channel never worked even though I followed ALL of the directions.  I want to be refunded my $7.99. If this isn't the place to request my refund of $7.99 please let me know who I connect.

Thank you.

Alice

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@alicebc3, try account/billing support at https://support.roku.com/contactus.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
alicebc3
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Renojim,

Thanks for your help. I contacted Roku with the link below and I had the subscription cancelled and I am getting a one-time refund from Roku for my $7.99.  

Alice

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.