Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
drufe

[OS 14] YouTube TV freezes when fast-forwarding

I'm trying to get an update on when the 'future release' that supposedly fixes a known issue that's been going on for 6 months will actually be released. The issue in the tracker has been marked 'solved by a future release'. It's been a month since a Roku mod has set the issue as solved thus not allowing end users to comment, ask questions, get updates, etc.

When will this future release happen that has this fix in it? It's beyond frustrating that basic fast forward functionality isn't working with YouTube TV; I would categorize that as a basic DVR use case since pretty much the late 1980s. I need to know if I need to ditch my Roku devices (I have 3 of them in my house) and move to something else so I can get my money's worth with YTTV.

https://community.roku.com/t5/Issue-Tracking-Board/Solved-by-future-update-YouTube-TV-freezes-when-f... 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: [OS 14] YouTube TV freezes when fast-forwarding

Greetings from the Roku Community, @drufe!

We see that you're asking for an update on this issue. Rest assured that we've already forwarded this to the appropriate Roku team for review. 

In the meantime, could you please tell us the current software version of your Roku device? (Settings > System > About)

You might also need to check for the latest software version on your Roku to ensure that your device is updated. You can check for the latest update by navigating to Settings > System > Software Update > Check Now.

We are looking forward to your response. 

All the best,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
drufe

I’m just trying to find out when the release with the fix is going to get pushed? The issue that I linked to isn’t my post but it’s the same problem I (and many other users) have been having for months now. That issue is closed and we can’t comment on it to get updates. It simply says it’s fixed pending a future update. Seems backwards to me that you’d close an open issue before it’s even been resolved and verified in production. I’m tired of having 3 devices in my house not able to use basic DVR functionality with YouTube TV and want to know how much longer it’s going to be before this is fixed. As far as my devices go, they are all on the latest version (not sure why we get asked this question since Roku’s automatically check for system updates daily) - version 14.0.4 build 12221. 

0 Kudos
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for the update, @drufe!

We appreciate you sharing your latest software version with us. Even though you're already on the latest software version, you're still encountering the issue; we will cascade this over to the team for further investigation. 

We humbly ask for more information about your device to foster the thorough review process:

• Roku device model, serial number, and device ID. (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID)

We are willing to help you sort this thing out. We all know how frustrating this can be but rest assured that we are here to assist you. 

We hope to hear from you soon.

Sincerely,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
drufe

We’re having a serious breakdown in communication here. I’ll try to clarify. I’m not asking anyone to investigate my issue any further. It’s already been investigated in that issue that I linked to in my original post. Did you click on that and read the post? That post says that the team has a fix for the problem and it’s been solved pending a future update. I, and everyone else who commented on the other post, want to know when that update is coming. Because we can no longer comment on that other post because it’s been closed, I had to start a new one just to try and get an update. Please read that other issue post that I linked to; that should make things more clear. 

0 Kudos
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Sorry for the confusion, @drufe!

We value your posts, updates, reports, and feedback regarding issues with YouTube TV. We understand how important it is to be able to contact our support team for an update. 

Please be assured that we are fully committed to assisting you by providing effective solutions to any issues you encounter. In order to offer the best possible support, we may need additional information mentioned above and comprehensive details from you, as we have observed that you are still encountering the issue even after the software update, which is the fix for this issue. 

We'll update this thread as soon as we have more information. We appreciate your patience while we work on a resolution.

Many thanks,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
drufe

As far as I understand, the software update hasn’t been released yet has it? The other post has a status of ‘pending future update’. When was the software updated and released and what version/build number was it included in?

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.