Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dradams
Reel Rookie

Re: [OS 11.5] HDCP errors on device

Waiting for email reply. Nothing received. HDCP Errors with Amazon Prime Client only:

Please do redirect to advice related to turning things on and off or changing cables. I've been through that too many times and it makes me angry.

(02:01:43) Abdul
Okay David. I escalate this issue, We might have to investigate this further to let you know what best can be done.
(02:02:02) David Adams
Sounds great. Let me know how to proceed.
(02:05:05) Abdul
Could you please help me with your
Email:
Roku Model:
Issue ID:
Roku Software Version/Build :
(02:11:03) David Adams
[email removed] Roku model "4802X -Roku Ultra" serial number [Serial number removed]; issue ID no idea; Software version 11.5.0 build 4312-C2 Device ID S0DA222TURC2. Using hardwire ethernet connection.
(02:14:58) Abdul
For Issue ID, Could you please press Home button 5 time and back button 5 times on your Remote David.
(02:16:20) David Adams
hope that did something on your end. I didn't on mine.
(02:16:26) David Adams
It
(02:18:27) Abdul
Okay David. Alright We might have to investigate this further to let you know what best can be done.
(02:18:53) David Adams
Sounds good. Should I anticipate a follow up email?
(02:19:26) Abdul
Yes David.

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Hi @dradams

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku Community. 

We're sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with the channel. It looks like you were in recent contact with our Support team. Have you received the email from our Support team that was sent last Friday? If not, please let me know so that we can ask them to resend the email. 

If you have received the email, please respond to it with the requested information so that our team can continue to investigate the issue. We understand how frustrating this can be, and we want to make sure we're doing everything we can to resolve the issue for you.

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos
dradams
Reel Rookie

No, no reply yet. Thank you for offering to resend. I have a transcript from the chat session but nothing else.

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Hello @dradams

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Please provide us with the following information for further investigation:

-Roku device model, Serial number, Device ID, Software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-Does this issue occur on a specific channel? If so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the 
-Home screen and pressing the * button)
-Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
-Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing
Once we have the information needed, we'll be able to forward it to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
dradams
Reel Rookie

All of this was discussed during my chat with the support person. Do you not have access to that information? I can send you the transcript if you tell me how to do it.

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Hi @dradams,

Thanks for the follow-up. 

It looks like you were in recent contact with our Support team. We would recommend continuing to work with them to resolve the issue you are experiencing as they would best be able to assist you moving forward.

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
dradams
Reel Rookie

This has been going on for a month now. Support (chat and, at the advice of one ticket response, phone) was nice to work with but eventually came to the conclusion that software engineering needed to be involved. Since then, I just get an email every three days offering to cancel the ticket if I don't respond. No actual useful advice has been forthcoming.

0 Kudos
bcm00re
Roku Guru

0 Kudos
Venomspawn
Reel Rookie

Model - 4800X - Roku Ultra

Device ID - S02A21CG9VUU

OS ver - 12.0.0 build 4184-C2

I will get the HDCP error randomly while watch anything on any app.  It could be Netflix, Amazon, Hulu, Disney+, Motortrend, Peacock or others.  I do have it connected to a Pioneer VXS-934.  I do not have this issue with any other device hooked into the Pioneer.  I have changed the HDMI 2.1 cables with new ones. The TV is a Vizio V505-G9.  I also the it wired to my network and not going through WiFi.

This happens so randomly I can't give you what might cause it. I be watch something and not touching the remote and the error will show. I still have sound.  Then either it will go away or I have to hit pause and it will go away.

0 Kudos