Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Panic1166
Reel Rookie

Re: [OS 11.5] Audio stops working after long pause

Jump to solution

I am experiencing the same problems since we upgraded from an original Roku Ultra 2 weeks ago. Found this thread this morning confirming it is an ongoing problem that had been going on for 8 months! I guess I will try some of the temporary fix options. This is about my 8th Roku device I have purchased over the years. I guess it may be time to try an Apple TV device.  

Pennylanea
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I also giving up on Rokus non caring attitude to their customers. No admitting the defect. I’m concerned now if this issue causes additional problems with the tv itself too. Good luck

0 Kudos
Pennylanea
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

This is probably the reply that everyone got from roku.

Upon going through your email, we understood that you want a refund. However, we have checked our system and would like to inform you you already have crossed 30days money-back guarantee. That's means the product should be within 30 days from the date o purchase. Then we will be able to refund you

this was my reply:

So you think selling a defective product is ok to sell to the public knowing it’s defective. I will as my right to continue to inform the public that you sell defective products. As long as this product shows the unsure if it’s the tv or the sound bar but you know it’s the roku ultra and it gives you the time to tell ur unknowingly customers to keep it long enough to pass the 30day refund date. I know what ur company is doing. How does it feel to screw over innocent hard working customers? As long as the money stays in your pocket instead of the people that work hard to earn it. Your company must be so proud to knowingly take money from innocent customers. I’m also posting this reply every where I can to help your customers know what kind of business you do. At least I’m honest which you can’t be.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

Thanks for the posts.

Please be aware that the appropriate Roku team is currently investigating this issue. If you have not already, can you please provide us the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • brand and model TV you are using with your Roku device
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Panic1166
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Gee thanks RokuDanny-R for another automatic canned robot response. It is pretty obvious you are not a human! Hey Roku how about letting one of your upper tier customer service reps or actual engineers respond to some of these issues.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Panic1166

Thanks for the post.

Please be aware that the appropriate Roku team is currently investigating the issue that is affecting audio playback after a long pause. While I currently do not have any information to provide at this time, I'll make sure to update this Community thread once it is available.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
mariep

Re: [OS 11.5] Roku Ultra Roku devices Keep Losing Sound

Jump to solution

Thank you for noting what seems to be Roku’s repeated response. I’m having the exact same issue on my Ultra, it happens on YouTube TV after pausing. It started happening last year. The only solution is to power off/reboot. I can go back to my smart tv and my audio works, but when I return to YouTube TV I get no audio until I reboot. It is completely frustrating. 

I can’t imagine that the team at Roku can’t duplicate this issue on their own. There’s been enough feedback on this thread. I do not recommend Roku Ultra. 

RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @mariep

Thanks for your post. 

I am sorry to hear about the issue you are experiencing with your Roku device. May we ask if is this an isolated issue with the Youtube TV channel? If that is the case, I suggest attempting to remove and reinstall the affected channel on your device and see if it helps. 

To proceed, kindly remove the channel and then restart your device before reinstalling it. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > System restart.

Please keep us updated on the results of your troubleshooting efforts. 

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos
Jerryri
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

So today I was watching a college basketball game on YouTube TV and paused it for about 15 minutes or so.  When I returned, there was no sound, but I thought, OK who cares if I can’t hear the announcers so I continued watching since restarting the ROKU would have lost me the last few minutes of an interesting and close game. What I discovered was that sound wasn’t the only issue. The screen kept freezing and I would hit the fast forward button and it would now move for maybe a minute and refreeze, so repeat and repeat until the end of the game. After all that I finally was able to reset the ROKU. Annoying, annoying, annoying. 

Pennylanea
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Yes that’s what happens what I also noticed is that this happens to other types of roku systems. Unfortunately you can’t get a refund because they just don’t care. They got their money that’s all that matters