Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PeggyR
Reel Rookie

[OS 11.5] Audio stops working after long pause

Jump to solution

Hi Danny,

Still having these issues, I think you closed the thread I was about to post on with my issue ID, so here it is.

Model no. 4800X - Roku Ultra
Serial # - X010003TKMTS (S02A213TKMTS)
Software - 11.5.0 Build 4235-C2

Issue ID TS-452-229

Watching live TV on YTTV, ABC Channel 7 in Los Angeles Area, paused for about 5 minutes, returned and no audio anywhere until reboot of the Roku Ultra.

I have done all of the suggestions in the thread, changing the sound settings on both Roku, and YTTV, etc

Thank you,

PeggyR

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: [OS 11.5] Roku Ultra Roku devices Keep Losing Sound

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

Thanks for the posts and your patience while we investigate the issue you are reporting.

Please be aware that we have found the cause of the issue and believe that this issue will be resolved in a future update.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

121 REPLIES 121
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: [OS 11.5] Audio stops working after long pause

Jump to solution

@PeggyR

Thanks for the post and providing us with your information.

I have passed along your concerns and details to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
HolliBee
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I am also having the same problem - Still Today

Roku Ultra Model 4800X

Serial # X01000XNYAAD

Software 11.50 build 4235-C2

Device ID S02A21DNYAAD

No image on screen, just audio is gone no matter what you click on and have to reset.

On another thread I saw it was closed: I think I have the new build. It is causing problems because It happened during a football game that was not being recorded and in order to get it back on you have to reset or click buttons 10 times. You cant get back what was missed. No matter either way it greatly inconveniences your day. 

Please help!

Thank You

HB

AJH4
Reel Rookie

Audio Stops Working After… Pause/Sleep

Jump to solution

A similar thread was prematurely closed.  Build 11.5.0. 4235-C2 DOES NOT fix this issue.  Roku Ultra loses audio until restart after a pause.  All audio except OS clicks.  All apps lose sound, including music and streaming apps.  Auto power savings off.  Must restart to get sound back.  This was not always the case under previous build.  YouTube app got weird too.  When you move to different tiles the screen goes black and comes back.

eckertd
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I continue to have the same problem while watching YouTubeTv. 
model 4800x

software version 11.5.0 build 4235-c2

time stamp 2012-11-13T18:06:56Z

issue ID 9m-456-126

eckertd
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Audio stops working after long pause on youtubetv NOT solved by software update. 
model 4800x

serial number x01000w9t29m

software version 11.5.0 build 4235-c2

timestamp 2202-11-18t14:05:15z

id 9m-463-085

0 Kudos
MadMaxG
Channel Surfer

Re: Audio Stops Working After… Pause/Sleep

Jump to solution

I am having this exact same issue too. What is the fix?

MadMaxG
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I'm having the exact issue and have to reboot almost daily now. So frustrating. This never happened before the last software update. 

Model no. 4802RW - Roku Ultra
Serial # - X010004226VP
Software - 11.5.0 Build 4235-C2

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Audio Stops Working After… Pause/Sleep

Jump to solution

@AJH4 @MadMaxG

Thanks for the posts.

We would be more than happy to look further into this issue, but will need more detailed information. Can you please provide us the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 

Once we have this information, we will be able to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Audio Sync Issues - Lag. Tried 8 solutions, nothing worked.

Jump to solution

@HolliBee @eckertd @MadMaxG

Thanks for the posts and providing us with your device information.

I have passed along your concerns and details to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos