Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jmaynardjn
Reel Rookie

Re: How to fix no sound coming from my Roku streaming player

Jump to solution

I have Google Fiber. My Ultra that loses sound on pausing for more than a few moments is hardwired to the Google modem which is a node on a Google mesh network. My Ultra connects to my VIZIO TV by HDMI. I tried switching inputs but no change. The TV has an audio output to a speaker system that is usually turned off.

As mentioned elsewhere I have two Roku sticks that never have this problem.

A system>power>reset always immediately restores the sound. This happens multiple times a day.

Be happy to answer other questions to help you fix this problem.

Pennylanea
Streaming Star

Re: Audio Stops Working After… Pause/Sleep

Jump to solution

I just want to add. Look how long this has been going on. Proves they don’t care. They’re not giving money back, no recall. The big guys at Roku expect everyone to just give up and forget about the money they spent. Imagine how much customers spent on this. How many suckers paid up to $100 on the ultra Roku. You know someone is laughing all the way to the bank.. Throwing the bird at their customers. 

Sigarm9
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

It did take them months to fix the picture freezing issue, maybe 6-8 I think? I only had the issue for 3 or 4 months. That is pretty disheartening. We'll see how long before this one gets fixed. A week or 2 should be plenty of time to get an update out, months is unacceptable. If it is too long, we can always switch to a Firestick. 😖

Pennylanea
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Nov 2022 was the first complaint so not addressed properly yet. I’m looking into a fire stick also. Be sure to write reviews where u bought the Roku. Enough review might get them to move their asses. 

0 Kudos
Gatorbyter
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Pennylanea recently wrote "Nov 2022 was the first complaint so not addressed properly yet".

That's not exactly accurate. The FIRST complaint I am aware of came as early as April, 2022 on another forum post (which extended 11 pages) and NEVER got resolved. The moderator "Danny" prematurely closed THAT thread in November 2022 WITHOUT any feedback from the community that the issue had been resolved (BECAUSE it certainly had not). Then more complaints resulted in THIS new thread.

Here's a link to that closed thread:

https://community.roku.com/t5/Solving-playback-issues/Audio-stops-working-after-long-pause/td-p/7898...

So the reality is that the issue has been known to Roku for 10 months and counting!

Gatorbyter
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Why the **bleep** is this issue marked Solved by the forum moderators .... again????

0 Kudos
Jerryri
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Just checked - no Roku software update. 

0 Kudos
Sigarm9
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

How do you get to where it shows whether the thread is open or closed? You say they have marked this issue as fixed but I don't know where to look to see that. Tnx

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Gatorbyter,

Thanks for your post. 

We would like to extend our apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused you, and we are grateful that you have taken the time to keep us informed about the issue you are experiencing. As previously stated, our Roku team is currently conducting an investigation into the matter at hand, and we kindly request you provide the supplementary information below:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)

We'll keep an eye on your update.

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Jerryri @Sigarm9

Thanks for your post. 

We acknowledge that you have followed the recommended steps provided and regret that you are still facing the issue. We kindly request your assistance in providing us with the additional information below, which will be useful for our team to investigate the problem.

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing (if you haven't already provided this information)

With more information, we will be able to assist you further. 

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos