Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gatorbyter
Binge Watcher

Re: [OS 11.5] Roku Ultra Roku devices Keep Losing Sound

Jump to solution

While we are all hopeful the fix will be forthcoming, this time PLEASE don't close this problem report UNTIL the fix is released, and the users provide feedback the sound issue is resolved.

HarryD

Jump to solution

I have the same issue with a new Roku Ultra I ordered before Christmas directly from Roku and waited almost a month for after they charged me and could not find my order until I sickened that I had been charged but never received the order. I only got the Uktra because the Uktra LT was not available and the Ultra was $30 off.  All of my other devices are Uktra LTs and they work fine.   If this is not resolved quick I will push for a return for refund and if necessary have the bank back charge for the purchase done I have full Dickenson on the delay receiving and now Dickenson that there is a problem with the devices unless they get a quick fix. 

Wigman

Re: Audio Stops Working After… Pause/Sleep

Jump to solution

Hey Danny, or Roku, stop asking for specifics of everything. This is clearly a massive issue with everybody. I don’t think you need super Duper accurate specifications and descriptions when pretty much everyone is having the same problem. Grab a Roku, hip-hop eyes for about 30 minutes and then watch the audio disappear. This is getting ridiculous. Just fix it.

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

Thanks for the post and for sharing your observation.

I understand that you are having audio issues after pausing for a period of time. We would recommend trying checking for any system updates in Settings > System > System update > Check now.

If this issue is not resolved, please help us with the additional information provided below that would be helpful for our team to look into this problem.

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Please keep us updated on the issue.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
Gatorbyter
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

@RokuMary-F 

??? There is no new software version (firmware) available (at least not to me). It's still version 11.5.0. So in short .... NO, the issue is not resolved and there is no need for Roku employees to keep asking for specifics. The last 11 pages are specifics enough.

We, the community, feel like we are talking to a wall (or a robot).

fatty44
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

My Roku Ultra 46XX don't have the issue, only the newer version the Ultra 48XX anyone else notice this?

@RokuMary-F  Is there any time frame yet for a fix?

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @fatty44,

Thanks for following up.

We are currently aware of and have identified the issue of audio stopping on selected Ultra devices after a period of pause. Rest assured the issue will be resolved in the future update.

We appreciate your patience for the time being.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
Sigarm9
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Thanks Danny! I don't know if this is related but if so, I hope this information helps. I have a Roku Ultra 4800X, Software 11.5.0 build 4312-C2.

The update from Dec 2022 fixed my picture freezing issue but I did not have this issue with the audio going away after a pause of about 5 min or longer until last week when I downloaded the YoutubeTv app. to switch from DirecTv stream. I tried to FF and Rewind to see if that would fix it, and after watching the spinning wheel for several minutes, my Roku went to it's home screen. I tried the YoutubeTv app again, you can hear all the audio as normal until you start to play a show, then dead silence. I went to the home screen and tried several other apps and none of them have audio once you try to start watching a show or channel. This has happened several times in the past week since installing YoutubeTv, now I just know if I pause it for a phone call, bathroom break or whatever for more than a few minutes that I will have to go to settings and do a system reset just to get the audio back for any program I want to watch in any app. 

I hope this helps and gets fixed soon. I may just try un-installing the YoutubeTv app and see if that fixes it since I never had this problem BEFORE I installed it.

HolliBee
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

For me it only happens on YoutubeTV.

jmaynardjn
Reel Rookie

Re: How to fix no sound coming from my Roku streaming player

Jump to solution

I have this identical and maddening problem with my Ultra. I have to reset several times a day. Replaced it and the problem continues. The problem is the same whether using any streaming app as well as my main YouTubeTV.

I have two TVs with Roku sticks and it never happens there.

If I didn't have three Rokus I would move on.