Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rkuserva
Reel Rookie

Roku Ultra 2020 & 2022 (4800X &4802R) HDCP Issue

This one is ultimately for the engineering team. Purchased a brand new Roku Ultra 2022 (4802R) and went through the setup process including the update to O/S 11.0.0 build 4193-C2 (this is important). During the original setup and configuration there were no HDCP issues. The auto configuration wizard properly identified and set the display to 4K HDR HDCP 2.2 including Dolby Vision 4K @ 60hz. However, after the upgrade to O/S 11.0.0 build 4193-C2 and a quick system restart the startup looped at the bouncing Roku screen. Completed an hard reset and eventually was able to get past the bouncing Roku screen to the initial setup wizard. This time the auto configuration wizard was no longer detecting the HDCP 2.2 connection that it had less than 15 minutes prior (before the O/S) update. It was only configuring for 1080P HDCP 1.4 even though no other changes were made except for the O/S of the 4802R.

This exact issue also impacted a 2020 Roku (4800X) connected to the same system. The issue is not resolved by switching cables. I even tried one that is only 0.7 meters long. Issue is not resolved by using different HDMI ports, all of which are HDCP 2.2. Issue also does not impact a Roku Ultra 4670RW O/S 11.0.0 build 4193-46 (NOTE THE DIFFERENCE IN BUILD NUMBERS). 

Both the 4800X and the 4802R functioned as expected UNTIL the update to O/S 11.0.0 build 4193-C2 and the remainder of the system still works flawlessly with the 4670RW.

I have experimented with the various suggested solutions to no avail. Clearly there an issue with the build itself or with how the build works in different environments. In this case a Yamaha Aventage RX-A670 AV Receiver and an Hisense U8G both on the latest firmware builds.

alyssa2
Reel Rookie

Re: HDCP error code 020 recurring hdcp error on HBO only- netflix works fine

-Roku device model: 3930x
-serial number: xoo4ooox75tu
-device ID: soo83odx7stu
-software OS/version 11.0.0 build 4193-ae
-tracker ID: tu-245-128

all “o” may be 0s i can’t tell:(

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hi @BabyDracula

We're sorry to hear about the issue you're experiencing.

Could you provide us with the following information so we can assist you further:

1. Roku device model, Serial number, Device ID (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  2. Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  3. Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

We look forward to your response.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hello @alyssa2

Thanks for providing us with your device information.

For further assistance, could you tell us first specifically about the issue you're experiencing? Do you receive an error code or message? With more information, we can assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
alyssa2
Reel Rookie

Hi Kariza! it is the standard “hdcp error detected screen” in red on a black background with instructions on how to solve the problem (plugging and unplugging and turning off and on) i did try all those steps and had no luck. The HDMI cord is the one that came with the roku attachment that i purchase about 1 year ago, and i have trouble shooters by turning off auto-adjust display rate as well as setting the TV to 1080p

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: HDCP Error Repeating after fix

Hi @Kcookvt,

Thank you for reporting this issue to Roku Community!

If this issue is not resolved with the error "HDCP", please help us with additional information provided below that would be helpful for our team to look into this problem.
-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-what are you seeing on screen? Can you provide a screenshot of the issue or error message
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing
Once we have this information, we will be able to assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Ultra 2020 & 2022 (4800X &4802R) HDCP Issue

Hi @rkuserva,

Thank you for reporting this issue to Roku Community!

If this issue is not resolved with the error "HDCP", please help us with additional information provided below that would be helpful for our team to look into this problem.
-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-what are you seeing on screen? Can you provide a screenshot of the issue or error message
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing
Once we have this information, we will be able to assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Clare
Channel Surfer

I'm having this issue but only on 4od and usually when there's an advert break , it only started a few weeks ago...I have a Roku streambar.

0 Kudos
rkuserva
Reel Rookie

Thank you for the follow up. As I specified in my original post the issue has nothing do with any apps. The issue occurs when utilizing the Settings > Display Type menu. All indications are that this issue is specifically associated with Dolby Vision. If the 4802R is connected to a Non Dolby Vision setup there are no issues. If a Non Dolby Vision Roku Ultra (4670RW) is connected to the fully Dolby Vision capable system there are no issues. The error only occurs when the 4802R or 4800X is connected to the full Dolby Vision system that is fully HDCP 2.2 compliant. Also, the issue only arose after the latest O/S upgrade. The issue has impacted both the 4802R and 4800X Ultra models. 

4802R

X01000X29UK6

S0DA22229UK6

11.0.0 build 4193-C2

K6-248-930

JohnCap523
Roku Guru

Interesting one. My Ultra is connected to a Samsung that doesn't support Dolby Vision so.... I have two Streaming Stick 4ks on Dolby Vision TVs with no issue but of course that's a different fish.

The mention above from someone else about the issue when ads pop up, that is the issue I had with my older Ultra back 5-6 years ago. There's a number of issues floating around since the 11.0 update....

0 Kudos