Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: HDCP Error 20 - EVERY Morning

@sfsed

Thanks for the post.

We would be more than happy to look further into the issue for you, but need more detailed information.

-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-What is your TV resolution?
With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
JohnCap523
Roku Guru

I just got 11.5 on my Ultra.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

I got an HDCP error this afternoon for the first time in a long time with my Ultra 4800. I do have 11.5. I was in the middle of watching the latest episode of House of Dragons on HBO, so I did not stop to create a trouble ID tag, sorry. I was watching it in 4K/Dolby Vision and Atmos audio. The sound continued, and the error message was only on screen for about 3 seconds or so, so really didn't miss any of the show. 

I had not seen that error message in many, many months, so it's certainly possible that it was an outlier anomaly. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
JohnCap523
Roku Guru

Interestingly, all of my Rokus updated to 11.5 except the one that had been downgraded to 10.5. That one says it’s up to date. And my two Roku TVs without add on Rokus (I normally don’t use integrated apps) aren’t updating either, so I guess TCL hasn’t released their update yet.

0 Kudos
cnoble55

HDCP Errors need assistance

How do I fix the HDCP error message permanently? I have to unplug all cords daily this is crazy there must be a better solution.

JohnCap523
Roku Guru

Re: HDCP Errors need assistance

11.5 fixes it. Check About and see what version you’re on. If 11.0 request an update in Settings.

0 Kudos