Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nfl app boots backto home screen after clicking

Nfl app boots backto home screen after clicking.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
17 REPLIES 17

NFL App wont load on Roku TV

I missed a payment for the NFL App on Roku TV yesterday, today the money was taken out of my account but now when I click on the app I get the loading circle & returned to the home screen

0 Kudos
monkmanri

I cannot get the nfl app to open on any of my rokus

i got the nfl plus subscription through roku and the app will not open on any of my rokus....i've tried restarting them...deleting and reinstalling the app...i unplugged the power for two minutes then plugged back in...i go on nfl.com and it doesn't recognize my subscription through roku so i can't watch it on there...does anyone have any suggestions?  i click the app and the logo appears in the middle then after about 5 seconds it sends me back to the roku home screen

Jarhead1371
Reel Rookie

Re: I cannot get the nfl app to open on any of my rokus

I just subscribed and having same problem. 

Re: Nfl app boots backto home screen after clicking

Mine is doing the same thing. I can't remove it to reinstall it either. The app works fine on my phone. I am not happy with Roku right now.

0 Kudos
Paulk570

Same issue

0 Kudos
Jarhead1371
Reel Rookie

Called Roku, they claim it’s an NFL issue and not a Roku issue. 

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: NFL App wont load on Roku TV

Hi Community users,

We appreciate your post to the Roku Community!

Thanks for informing us about the playback issues you've encountered within the NFL app on your Roku devices. We apologize for any inconvenience this issue has caused you.

Have you tried any steps to troubleshoot? If not, we suggest following the steps below to help you:

1. Remove the channel: navigate to your Home screen, move to the right, highlight the app, press Star*, then select Remove channel
  2. Perform a system reboot: navigate to your Home, select Settings > System > Power (skip if unavailable) > System restart
  3. Re-install the channel: navigate to your Home, scroll and select Store, look for the app, then press Add channel

For reference, here's the support article for further information about this: How to resolve a channel playback issue

If the issue persists, kindly provide us with the following information so we can include your device in the process of investigation:
  • Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and current software version. (this can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  • Channel build version.

Please keep us posted on what you find out, and we'll continue assisting you from there.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @Wafflehound @wolfman83661 

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community.

We appreciate you for letting us know about the issue you have encountered with the NFL app that kicks you back to home screen, and we'd like to collect further details so our team can investigate on this matter. Can you please provide the details below:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and OS version. (this can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  • Channel build version (This can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button).

The details we gather are significant for our team to review and investigate this matter so it can be addressed.

We hope for your response in this regard.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Mechred

Exactly the same problem here.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.