Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mear1

New Dish equipment, no audio on Roku channels

Got new Dish equipment and now I get no sound on all my Roku Channels. I get picture but no sound. Should I upgrade my Roku player? The Dish tech said it was my TV but I did not have this problem before so it must have something to do with the new equipment not getting along with Roku? Any help would be appreciated. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Strega2
Roku Guru

Re: New Dish equipment, no audio on Roku channels

What model number is it and how is it connected to the TV?  I’ll just take a super wild guess that it’s one of the old models with analog outputs and the audio outs simply got disconnected during the install.  That’s a super-simple explanation that may or may not be possible depending on what you have and how its connected.

If not, tell us more about the Roku and the connection and what the Dish guy messed with.

BTW, I’ve never had a Dish install where the installer didn’t need to me to sign a doc saying it was done to my satisfaction.  Don’t sign those things until they make it work.  The last guy I got told me my new Hopper 3 couldn't read the EHDs from my old DVR because the old one was MPEG2 and the new one was MPEG4, and I informed him that that was BS and he needed to make it work. (He eventually did.)

Banned but back. Because why not?
0 Kudos
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: New Dish equipment, no audio on Roku channels

Hi @Mear1,

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community!

We understand that you are experiencing an issue with the sound on Roku channels and would like to gather more details about this.

Before we proceed, we kindly ask if there are any other external devices or speakers connected to your TV. Additionally, we would be grateful if you could share the troubleshooting steps you have already attempted. Furthermore, could you please check if the same issue is occurring with other channels or apps as well?

We look forward to hearing from you and looking closely into this issue.

Thanks,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.