Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lmacmil2
Channel Surfer

Netflix hangs at 25% on Roku Ultra

I have been using this Roku for years without a problem.  In the last week, Netflix will not load a program.  It loads to 25% then stops.  It eventually times out with an error message.  All other channels work fine.  I have rebooted the Roku, deleted and reinstalled Netflix (rebooting after the uninstall) and nothing works.  Netflix works fine through my TV app and on my computer.  I also changed from the 5Ghz to the 2.4Ghz network and that didn't help.  I recently upgraded the firmware on my Asus router but it was a minor update.  As a last resort I can restore the previous firmware but I wanted to post here and see if there was anything else to try first.

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Netflix hangs at 25% on Roku Ultra

Hi @lmacmil2,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for letting us know about the behavior you're seeing when playing content on the Netflix channel and all of the troubleshooting you've done.

Can you please verify the specific error message when attempting to stream the Netflix channel? In addition, are you experiencing this issue before you made changes or updates to your connection?

One additional suggestion we would like for you to try is to remove the channel, update the Roku device by going to Settings > System > System update > Check now, restart your Roku device, and add back the channel and see if you notice any difference.

Please keep us posted and we'll continue assisting you from there.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
lmacmil2
Channel Surfer

I had recently made a change in the router settings  and that caused the problem. As soon I  reverted to the previous settings,  Netflix worked again.   What I  can't explain is why Netflix worked through the TV app because the TV also is connected via the router. 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @lmacmil2,

Thanks for the update.

We're glad to know it's working now. Please be advised that some Streaming channels like Netflix play each title at the highest possible quality given the type of content in higher picture quality formats which require higher internet speeds and settings. For specific requirements, check with your channel providers.

We appreciate you again posting in Roku Community. Please don't hesitate to let us know if you have any questions or additional feedback.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
lmacmil2
Channel Surfer

Unlike some other channels, Netflix charges extra for 4k streaming and I do not pay for that.  My download speed is 400Mbps so I have plenty of bandwidth and do received 4k content on Amazon and Hulu, although with my screen size and viewing distance, I am not able to tell the difference between 4k and 1080p.

0 Kudos