Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
My5

Re: My5 crashes when play is pressed

Jump to solution

This was due to an update and should now be resolved.  Enjoy My5 again 🙂

0 Kudos
seth04
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

It was working for a few days and now it’s broken again, displaying the exact same problem.

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @seth04,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We are interested in learning more about the problem you are experiencing. Are you encountering any error messages or error codes? Does the issue only occur on a specific channel or all the channels installed on your Roku device? In addition, can you please provide a step-by-step description of the issue you are encountering?

By providing additional details, we will be better equipped to provide you with further assistance.

All the best
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
seth04
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Like I mentioned- it’s the exact same issue as to what I started this thread with.

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @seth04,

Thank you for keeping us posted here in the Roku Community!

After attempting the troubleshooting steps and videos from other channels play fine, contact the channel provider's customer support team to report the issue and get help. Channels on Roku are maintained by the channel developers themselves. In this case, there's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from them.

If you need anything else, please keep us posted.

Best regards,                                                                                                                                          John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Sunflowerpower
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I'm having exactly the same issue.  Did all the same troubleshooting. 

I'm guessing this is yet another Roku tactic  to make us upgrade to buy a new Roku.  A bit like when Prime Video became "incompatible" with Roku.  It's all part of the plan to get you to buy a new stick!  Unless some bright spark can come up with a solution  .... but the only solution is buy a new Roku! 

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Sunflowerpower This is not a "Roku tactic". They don't develop the channels/apps for other providers, so there's no way they could control the way the channel works on different devices. I know people seem to think businesses attempt to do things like that, but it simply isn't the case here. I have a Roku player that's well over 10 years old (Roku 2 XS). While it still works with a few things, overall the channel developers simply programmed their channels to need the newer, higher powered devices. The first channel that became unusable for me was YouTube. That was Google making the channel no longer work on older devices, not Roku.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Sunflowerpower
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Either way I can't download My5 onto my Roku now so clearly the bots are incompatible!

0 Kudos
annmclaren
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I was having the same problem when this thread started and then Channel 5 fixed it. It's still working for me now (I just checked now - Monday 11th March at 8 am) and no problems when I press play. 

I'm using a Roku Express streaming media player bought in late 2022 after my original Roku stick that I'd had for about 10 years was no longer getting all the channel updates. So maybe that's the issue with anyone it's not working for. 

0 Kudos