Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DV8DD12
Channel Surfer

Re: multiple repeats of the same commercial will play several times

you guys must not be in az or at least not in phoenix???

i wish i had chic fil a coming on vs mine...can we rotate? hahaha

0 Kudos
DV8DD12
Channel Surfer

Re: Multiple repeats of the same commercial will play several times

ARE YOU TALKIN TO MEEEEE? 

IM FAR FROM USELESS, ALTHOUGH I AM GETTING MUCH OLDER AND .......OK USELESS 😥

0 Kudos
DV8DD12
Channel Surfer

RESPONDING TO THE ROKU PEOPLE RESPONSE TO MEEEE

YOU MESSAGED ME IN JUNE!!! ITS OCTOBER FOR CRYING OUT LOUD AND I GET NOTHIN???

ITS NOT JUST ME, BYFAR! 

I HAVE A TCL ROKU TV AND IM EITHER GOING TO SMASH IT OR GO OUT AND BUY ANOTHER NON ROKU TV SINCE YOU OBVIOUSLY CANT TAKE CARE OF THE ISSUE . I CANT EVEN WATCH MY REGULAR NEWS BECAUSE DONT YOU KNOW IT HAS TO GO THRU YOU AND YOU WONT ALLOW THEIR COMMERCIALS. **bleep**, YOU WONT EVEN ALLOW THE NEWS TO PLAY AS IT WOULD IF I WERE WATCHING IT ON AN OLD ANALOGUE TV!!! KEEPS CUTTING THE PROGRAM TO PIECES AND I END UP TURNING IT OFF EVERY **bleep** TIME.

IVE HAD IT WITH YOUR BRAND

DV8DD12
Channel Surfer

excuse me???

0 Kudos
Sbugsyk
Reel Rookie

I’ve given up on Roku. They used to be great but they’ve been going downhill for years. They have no problem charging more and more for their devices but their customer service sucks and their quality is terrible. I just switched to a fire stick. Half the price and far fewer issues. 

My comment is almost a year after the original poster and it’s still happening so annoying! It’s live TV for me. I’ll watch Dateline and Unsolved Mysteries. It’s the same 3 ads over and over and over. I race to turn the volume off. It’s Lincoln Log Masters, The marriage pack and that Weird Al movie. Every commercial break. Every 👏 one 👏!! 😡. Please stop the torture. 

It’s the same 3 ads. Every single commercial break. The marriage pack, The Weird Al movie and Lincoln log masters. Please stop the torture.

denontremblay
Reel Rookie

This isn't "a bit frustrating"... this is infuriating. 

These people are being nice to you. I've dealt with this for long over a year and it's multiple apps and multiple devices. I should not watch the same State Farm commercial 4 times in a row, EACH COMMERCIAL BREAK. I should not be forced to watch the same Mayo Clinic ad 5 times in a row, each break. Right now it's these STUPID APP commercials that look like they were filmed on an iPhone 8+. I don't want ads that promote addition to children through apps. "I can't take my finger off my phone it's so addicting. I'm playing to beat my high score! Download now!" ... get addicted!  This is what some of these app ads are saying and they are made in cartoon form, child friendly and they're  straight forward promoting addiction to their apps.

GET THIS FIXED!

Enough of the mouth-work. I've talked to your upper departments on followups from tickets last summer. "We're aware of an issue with our advertising vendor and trying to resolve the issue with the software" is what I  was told. 

This is insane maddening. I only wish you people would be subjected to this sort of mental torture. 

Ordering an Amazon Fire stick to see how they stack up. And if necessary, I'll go back to Comcast.

Stop the excuses. You're well aware of this issue. Stop asking people to send you device information. Stop stalling. FIX YOUR ISSUE!

0 Kudos
denontremblay
Reel Rookie

I'm gonna annoy Roku the way they annoy the F out of us. 

it's been way over a year since this started happening... 3 to be exact. First I used to think it's because you guys started ad sales, taking that piece of the pie partially away from the networks (greed of course) You sold the device and now you later want to monetize it. what ever. So at least, get out there and sell OTT ads... right now you suck at it. 

It's February 2nd and I'm watching the same POS annoying 3rd world created app called CASH CLUB... a gambling app. I hate that my children are seeing this first of all... but for god's sake, it's February and this commercial is Christmas-themed. 

Maybe Congress or FCC needs to take a look at this the same way they had to with cable TV and their commercial volume levels which ultimately caused the passage of the CALM Act which requires commercials to play at the same audible level as the programs. 

Roku, you guys are pieces of S.T. This issue here, which is ALL OVER the internet, clearly shows that you have no idea how to operate a proper network. Could you imagine if Comcast did this with their ad insertion business model? 

Grow up and learn how to run a business proper. I'm sure there are Youtube videos out there you can watch, or maybe some influencers on TikTok can help you. Maybe a Prager U video lesson. If yall need the Prager tuition money let me know and I'll Venmo it to you. as&holes.

0 Kudos

I am also sick of watching the same commercials over and over again for the past several months. My husband has tinnitus and we like to turn on the TV in the background so he can fall asleep. Our favorite show to fall asleep to is dateline. The commercial repeat is ridiculous. If I hear weird Al Yankovic singing “I love Rocky Road” one more time, I am going to go crazy! It is like an earworm that you can’t get out of your brain all day long. You guys need to change it up! Even if you only do it once a month. I seriously am sick of watching Roku because of the repeating commercials over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over!!!!

0 Kudos