Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LyndaBaz

Re: Multiple repeats of the same commercial will play several times

I'm also experiencing this. Currently a Sensodyne commercial repeating 4/5 times on each advert break on channel 4

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @LyndaBaz,

Greetings and welcome to the Roku Community!

We acknowledge your concern about the repetitive ads that you've encountered. We'd be more than glad to assist, and we'll need more information. Could you please provide us with the following: 

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version. (These can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Does this issue occur on a specific channel? If so, what version/build is the channel? (This can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs. (When you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID).

Once we have the information, we can look closer at the issue.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Sbugsyk
Reel Rookie

I have the same issue. I have a Roku premiere and it happens on a variety of channels, ABC, AMC, NBC sports, Hulu, etc. 

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Sbugsyk,

Welcome to the Roku Community,

We see that this issue must be ongoing, and we appreciate you letting us know about it.

In this case, we'll need your help. Could you please share with us the additional details that were previously asked by @RokuTakashi right above your post?

Once we have this information, we'll be able to relay this case to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation.

We'll be looking forward to it.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Frangipani

I also have this issue that happens on the Roku channel but it doesn't seem to be affecting other channels like Netflix or Prime on the device.  I have a non smart TV and I stream through an actual Roku device.  It's gotten so bad that I have pretty much given up watching the Roku channel.. It plays Chick-fil-A commercials (usually the same one but there are 3 or 4 different ones) nonstop literally 8X or more in a row and will not resume the actual show.  It has made me turn on Chick-fil-A....

joechement
Channel Surfer

Re: multiple repeats of the same commercial will play several times

when I try to watch a show on Roku, Chick fila commercial plays after only a few minutes of watching my show then it stalls my t.v. I have to back out all the way, go to the show again and restart, then the stupid chicken commercials start again and stall my t.v. again

0 Kudos
joechement
Channel Surfer

exactly! I try to watch and then I give up and go to another channel and I HAVE A ROKU T.V. imagine that

0 Kudos
joechement
Channel Surfer

we are all having the same problem on various builds, various types of streaming, various types of shows and various types of t.v.s I hardly think EVERYONE'S T.V. ECT, is the problem

joechement
Channel Surfer

I can see you will be useless on this issue

DV8DD12
Channel Surfer

OMG THATS HILARIOUS! 

YEAH, I DONT EVEN WATCH IT ANYMORE. I GOY SO SICK OF ECH AND EVERY MARTHA STEWART, ETC ETC ETC COMMERCIAL IT WAS AFFECTING MY FEELING TOWARD MY TV (ALMOST THREW SOMETHING AT IT).

TAKE CARE

AND REMEMBER...JUST SAY NO! to roku lol

0 Kudos