Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JackieNeville
Channel Surfer

Re: Multiple channels crashing upon pushing play to start a live feed.

I have tried everything to fix NTV Plus channel and nothing worked.  Did they take it off.  It launches only for a few seconds.

JackieNeville
Channel Surfer

Can someone tell me if Roku is going to fix NTV Plus channel from crashing?

RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @JackieNeville,

Thanks for updating us here in the Roku Community!

We understand that you're having a problem with the NTV Plus channel. If the issue persists after attempting the troubleshooting steps, we suggest contacting the channel customer support team to report the issue and get help. In this case, there's likely an issue with that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from them.
Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to help you.
All the best,
Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
tvdelmarva

Hello. I am the owner of TV Delmarva. After discovering this issue I immediately contacted our hosting service tech support. They have given me a timeline of a couple of weeks to implement a temporary fix, and a couple of months for a more permanent fix.  Here’s their response to me, as to what they believe is going on, on Roku’s side of things. 

“Hello Colin,

The situation currently is that Roku has likely disabled an internal service that is checked when a live stream begins, causing an app error that is exiting the app to the Home screen. This is my opinion based on the facts surrounding the issue. A vast majority of Direct Publisher users globally appear to be impacted. 

We've helped dozens of customers submit Roku partner support requests and Roku is stating that they are no longer providing partner support for Direct Publisher and will not acknowledge or fix the issue. It appears they have de facto terminated Direct Publisher approx. 30 days from their press release despite stating it would be operational through Jan 2024.”

Hopefully we will be back up soon. In the meantime, if you have a smart tv with a browser, our channels are available to stream at tvdelmarva.com
 Thanks for watching!
 -Colin Walls
TV Delmarva
 Channel 14

0 Kudos