Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
southcamp
Reel Rookie

Audio issues with Roku Express 4K connected to a Samsung HT-E5500

Hello everyone!

Since a couple of days I am a new owner of a Roku Express 4K. It is connected to my Samsung HT-E5500 AVR. However, now Dolby is not playing, only stereo. Before that I had a Fire TV Stick 2nd gen. and everything worked fine. The AVR is supposed to be able to handle DD and DD+ and DTS.

In my Roku audio options it says DD and DTS is available. Everything is on auto, the noise level reduction is off and so is also the Roku sounds.

Whereas in my WOW TV App on the Fire Stick I was able to choose German 5.1 as a soundoption, the WOW TV App on the Roku only shows the languages Englisch and German without 5.1.

Does anyone have an idea? Latest software is installed.

Thanks in advance and kind regards

southcamp

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuAnjelie
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Audio issues with Roku Express 4K connected to a Samsung HT-E5500

Hi @southcamp,

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community.

We understand that your Dolby Digital is not playing when you try to connect it to your Samsung HT-E5500 AVR. No Worries! We'll be happy to assist you.

Please confirm if the device is connected directly to your TV. Have you made any attempts to resolve the issue while connecting it?

Please keep us posted!

Thanks,

Anjelie

Anjelie A.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
southcamp
Reel Rookie

Hello!

The device is directly connected to the Samsung AVR, not the TV. I tried to change settings etc., but nothing worked.

Regards

southcamp

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@southcamp,

We are really grateful that you have provided us with these details and have been keeping us updated.

We'll have reinforcement from our Support team for further assistance on this. Please keep an eye on your email address, as they will reach you from there.

Let us know if there's any other related issue that we can further look into.

Thanks,

Rey 

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.