Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Warcat59

Max doing strange thing after playback

After I watch an episode of a show on Max, with my Roku Ultra, it returns to a black screen, with menu choices, such as "Episode" on the bottom and "Home" on the left of the screen. Everything else is black. It used to go back to the home screen of the series I was watching. I assume that it is still doing that, but it is rather disconcerting. It does not do that if I watch on the stick. This is the only app upon which it happens. Any thoughts?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Max doing strange thing after playback

Hi @Warcat59,

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community!

We're glad to help you with your problem with streaming Max on your Roku Ultra. Please try to navigate to the channel tile on the Roku home screen, press the * key on your remote, and choose "Remove channel." Next, restart your device from Settings > System > Power > System restart (if you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step). After your Roku device restarts, visit the Roku channel store or search and add the channel again. You can also check out this link here for more details on how to resolve a channel playback issue.

Let us know if this works for you!
Best regards,
Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.