Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Playback of recorded content on Fubo reverts to recording list

Trying to watch certain recorded content on Fubo repeatedly reverts to the list of recordings.  What happens:  Go to the list of recording, choose a recorded program, and start watching it.  At some point playback will stop and the screen reverts to showing the list of recorded content with the item that was being watched selected.  Press the OK button on the Roku remote and playback continues briefly, then usually does the same thing again.  Sometimes this can be worked around by quickly fast-forwarding for a couple of seconds.  Note that this happens frequently on one Roku 3900x Roku Express device, happens very infrequently on another 3900x Roku Express device, which is why I'm raising this tech support issue on this Roku forum.  Talked to Fubo tech support, they talked me through a key press combination to flush the Roku cache, made no difference.

Labels (1)
4 REPLIES 4
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Playback of recorded content on Fubo reverts to recording list

Did they have you remove then reinstall the Fubu app?

1. Remove app
  2. Flush cache as before (IMPORTANT - DO NOT SKIP)
  3. Reinstall app
Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hello! @UtahRanchGuy,

Thank you for sharing your post in the Roku Community!

We understand that you're facing difficulties with Fubo recorded content. We're here to help.

We recommend performing the below steps and see if you can resolve the issue:
1. Remove the channel from the Roku device
2. Power cycle the Roku device, by disconnecting it from the power cable and reconnecting the device back to the power
3. Re-add the channel back to the Roku device

If you are still experiencing an issue, please provide us with the following information so that we can investigate further.

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  • How long it will take to revert back to the recording list?

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.
We look forward to working with you to help resolve this issue.

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Lanhing

I am having this same issue, but I cannot remove the fubo channel because it’s billed through Roku…

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@Lanhing, try using the mobile app to remove it.  Search for it when you're logged in and you should be given the option to launch it or remove it.  Keep in mind that if you remove an app it doesn't cancel any subscription and make sure to perform a "System restart" on your Roku device from Settings->System or Settings->System->Power before you add it again.  Hopefully it will fix your problem, but there's no guarantees.

Roku Mobile App - Free for iOS® or Android™ | Roku

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.