Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Max App pause and playback issue

Hi Community users.

We appreciate you for informing us about the ongoing MAX channel playback issue.

We want to let you know that we're aware of this issue, and we suggest contacting MAX directly and providing the information regarding the issue you've experienced with their channel on the Roku platform.  Kindly refer to this link for their support information at MAX | Help Center

We hope that this issue will be addressed promptly.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Neiss103
Reel Rookie

I had another app I couldn't remove until the cancellation date happened (it was one I had subscribed directly from Roku). With Max I could remove & add again. Tried it but it didn't fix it. Worth the try though. 

0 Kudos
Neiss103
Reel Rookie

I know that didn't work for me

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Community users,

We are extremely grateful for the efforts that have been made to find a solution to this problem and for keeping the Community updated.

We'd like to take a look at this to see what's going on and have a better understanding of the situation. We would appreciate it if you could provide the following information to us:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing
  • errors that you are experiencing on screen.
  • Can you provide a video or screenshot of the issue you're experiencing?

Once we have this information available, we'll be able to further look into it.

We'll be anticipating it!

Best regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
63g6vg35y35y
Reel Rookie

Spoiler

Me too.

4660X Roku Ultra

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Just a single data point here. I just tried MAX on my Ultra 4800, and had no problem with resuming a previously paused movie. It started back up exactly where I had stopped it. When you report your issue to Roku, make sure you provide your exact model player (by model number, not name) in case the problem is specific to only certain players. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
MisterFix
Binge Watcher

Yes! This exact thing has been happening to me. And this is only one of several bugs I encounter with the Max app.

I hit a bug the other day where I couldn't see what I had selected in the menu, only to realize the cursor/highlighted items was off screen.

I've also had issues with subtitles not displaying. When this happens I have to restart the app

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

HI @63g6vg35y35y @MisterFix @EasyE33304,

We understand that this case affects a lot of users, and we're trying to look further into it.

The information I asked for previously is essential for our engineering team to investigate this further. We would appreciate it if you could provide the information asked for.

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
rc6
Streaming Star

I reproduced the issue just now while using the Max app.

Model 4800X - Roku Ultra, Serial number: X01000CK5F73 (S02A214K5F73)

software version: 12.0.0  build 4184-C2

GC Version: 10.0.525

Timestamp: 2023-09-07T20:36:29Z

Issue ID 73-359-796

0 Kudos
rc6
Streaming Star

In addition to the information I posted above, also note the issue occurs randomly - i.e. will not occur every single time a program is paused. When it does occur, pressing the pause/resume button to resume will result in jumping back to an earlier part of the program. 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.