Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ET_phonehome
Reel Rookie

Re: Major audio issues with roku ultra

I replaced my Roku with an AppleTV 4K, and it's been working flawlessly.  It's too bad the whole sound problems began happening with the Roku, because other than that, it was a nice device.

RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Hi @paulj

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku Community.

To clarify, have you tried to remove the channel then reinstall it again and see if it helps? To ensure the process is successful, restart your device before adding the channel back in. 

We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System >  System restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

Let us know how it goes. 

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos
2500ram
Reel Rookie

I'm having the exact same issues with my Roku Ultra.  Chirps, low volume, loud distorted sound ect.  It's been happening for several months maye a year and a halfalready.  I thought it was caused by a new 4k receiver but I just replaced that receiver with a different one and same issues.  It's the Roku.  I unstalled Sling, rebooted the ultra reinstalled Sling and it didn't work for 5 minutes before the same blaring distorted  volume issue again.

RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @2500ram,

Thanks for posting on the Roku Community!
We understand that you're having a problem with the audio on your Roku device. I'm happy to help. Did you try to plug the Roku device directly into the TV? If you are having the same issue, We would be more than happy to look further into this issue, but we will need more details. Can you please provide us with the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Best regards, 

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Digitalbath1
Reel Rookie

I have a Roku ultra .  I’ve been getting sound dropouts on HBO Max , also on the Apple TV Plus app.  Everything is running through a Marantz receiver.  My firmware is up to date , and I’ve restarted the device multiple times.  

This has been going on for a long time.  There needs to be a software update. 

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Digitalbath1,

Thanks for following up.

We appreciate your patience regarding the audio dropouts issue you are experiencing with your Roku device. We'll do our best to assist you with your Roku device.

Upon checking on your previous post about the issue with Max (HBO Max), have you tried to follow the same troubleshooting steps you've done that resolve your issue?

Can you please verify if the issue is only Max and Apple TV or all channels on your Roku device?

One additional suggestion we would like for you to try is you can check for a manual system update by navigating to Home > Settings > System > System update > Check now and see if you notice any difference.

We look forward to hearing from you and looking closely into this issue. Thank you!

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos