Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jaymac30

MLB TV not working on any of my devices

Jump to solution

I have same issue with mlb app mine doesn't work on any of my devices. Just tries to load and back to main roku home screen

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: MLB TV not working on any of my devices

Jump to solution

Hi @Jaymac30,

Greetings from the Roku Community, and thanks for raising this concern directly with us!

We understand you are having a problem with your MLB channel since it is not working. We're happy to help you further. Please try these troubleshooting steps below:

• Update the channel: By highlighting the channel tile, pressing the star button on your Roku remote, and selecting check for updates.
  • Remove channel: By highlighting the channel tile, pressing the star button on your Roku remote, and selecting remove channel.
  • Restart your Roku device: By going to settings, system, power, and system restart. If the power submenu is not available, you may proceed to the next option.
  • Adding the channel back again: Scroll down to search, enter the name of the channel, highlight the channel, and select Add channel.

If the problem still persists after attempting the troubleshooting steps and videos from other channels play fine, contact the channel provider's customer support team to report the issue and get help. Channels on Roku are maintained by the channel developers themselves. In this case, there's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from them.

We hope this helps.

Kind regards,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Jaymac30,

Greetings from the Roku Community, and thanks for raising this concern directly with us!

We understand you are having a problem with your MLB channel since it is not working. We're happy to help you further. Please try these troubleshooting steps below:

• Update the channel: By highlighting the channel tile, pressing the star button on your Roku remote, and selecting check for updates.
  • Remove channel: By highlighting the channel tile, pressing the star button on your Roku remote, and selecting remove channel.
  • Restart your Roku device: By going to settings, system, power, and system restart. If the power submenu is not available, you may proceed to the next option.
  • Adding the channel back again: Scroll down to search, enter the name of the channel, highlight the channel, and select Add channel.

If the problem still persists after attempting the troubleshooting steps and videos from other channels play fine, contact the channel provider's customer support team to report the issue and get help. Channels on Roku are maintained by the channel developers themselves. In this case, there's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from them.

We hope this helps.

Kind regards,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jgrza127

Jump to solution

This has been a constant problem with multiple complaints for over 2 years and the same responses are given. None of them work ! 

0 Kudos
JasRonni

Jump to solution

I contacted the MLB.TV directly. Placed a case in on Sunday, I finally heard back from them today. All they said was the ticket will be closed in 24 hours. If I'm still having issues to contact them. No one has contacted me regarding this issue. Unsure how to proceed. It worked during the free trial, once they took the money. The next day it stopped working. 

0 Kudos
Sunnyar1137
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I had this same problem and ROKU would do nothing to help! Roku took the money for MLB from my account through PayPal, as I have them set up as my payment source for Roku. Roku NEVER actually paid MLB.com, but they took my money. I had to start a case with PayPal. They finally got my money back from Roku. I then bypassed Roku all together and paid for MLB on the app on my phone. Then I just had to sign in on my Roku. 

ROKU WAS NO HELP AT ALL IN SOLVING THIS PROBLEM. THEY REFUSED TO DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT!! 

I am also having serious pause/play issues with the Roku now no matter the app being played and have opened a case with Roku for that problem. They have done NOTHING, once again, to help resolve their issues. Literally 100s of users are having the same problems, with ABSOLUTELY NO HELP FROM ROKU! 

I guess it's time to switch to Apple TV. I would suggest you all do that also!

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.