Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
oleh_hryshchuk
Reel Rookie

Live TV doesn't work properly in timeshift

Hi!

Context:
DASH STREAMS
Pause, rewind, ff, and restart are implemented, using a new request with timestamp (paused position, final ff or rewind position, stream restart position) param.
I already contacted the stream provider team, and they see no problems neither in the requests(headers and params) nor in the responses.
I tried to Google it, but I haven’t found anything similar to this one.
Also, I debugged the Video node and checked all error fields, but I didn’t see anything there.

Problem:
User allowed to pause, resume, ff, rewind, and restart such programs. BUT, for pause of more than 3 mins it doesn't work properly: playback jumps to Live after user resumes playback after 3 mins pause. I just want to know which field of the Player metadata can help me to fix this. I tried liveBoundsPauseBehavior, but that didn't help. Though it works fine for short pauses.

Steps to reproduce:
Open a Live stream → pause playback - > wait for 5 mins → resume playback → playback correctly resumed on the paused position → watch resumed content for 15-30 seconds → stream re-buffers and Video jumps forward to live edge

Question: Have any of you experienced this problem? Can you give me a few suggestions on what can I do to find a problem, and what kind of things can lead to such behavior? Maybe I missed something

Thank you in advance!

Labels (2)
0 Kudos