Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Keeps going back to home screen

Jump to solution

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this has caused, @Andrew371.

To clarify, have you already tried using an alternative network, such as a mobile hotspot, to connect your device and check if the issue persists? If this does not work, please provide us the details below so we can forward this one to our appropriate Roku team:

• Roku device or TV model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Does this issue occur on a specific channel? If so, what channel and what version or build is it? (This can be found by selecting the channel on the home screen and pressing the * button.)
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID).

Once a few more pieces of information have been gathered, we will be able to pass them along to the appropriate support team to investigate further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Sincerely,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
dropdx
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I agree, I used to suggest Roku to people but never again. Roku sucks and the fact that they haven't fixed this shows how incompetent they are as a company. I'll never buy anything Roku again. Terrible company that doesn't care about their customers. How has it not been fixed? Are the moderators on this forum that worthless at relaying information? It's pathetic.

pg3
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Same issue on a brand new Streambar Pro. If I quickly stream something and hold the up arrow on the remote, then it will stream without a problem, but as soon as the button is released, it will return home with a few seconds. It acted like this yesterday out of the box, then it actually worked okay for a an hour at night. Today it is back to being virtually useless

RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused and appreciate your comments. To gain a better understanding of the situation, we would greatly appreciate your assistance. The information requested by @RokuJanadeeK will be very helpful for our engineering team to investigate further.

We'll look forward hearing back from you!

Regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
pg3
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Model: 9101X

FCC ID: TC2-R1031

SN: 3K636D984230

Occurs on all channels. 

Tracker ID gives the following:

Model: 9101R2, SN: YL00DG984230 (3K636D984230), software version: 12.0.0 build 4184-95, GC version: 10.1.25 Timestamp: 2023-09-23T00:24:49Z, issue ID 30-381-624

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @pg3,

Thanks for keeping us updated and providing the information needed!

Please be advised that we have passed along the information you provided to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation. Once we have available updates, we'll make sure to update this Community thread.

We hope to get everything sorted out soon, and we appreciate your patience with us in the meantime.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
pg3
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I had requested and received an RMA because I thought the problem was the device, but should I wait to return it because it seems like a software issue?

0 Kudos
Scham00

Jump to solution

I had this issue. Contacted support through Twitter. Restarted system. Seemed to fix issue. I was having issue every 5-10 minutes. Now all good.

System restart by going to Home-> Settings ->System ->Power ->System restart.

0 Kudos
pg3
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Lucky! We went through restarts, factory resets, cache clears, remote control battery removal, and it still returns to home in seconds

pg3
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Tried turning off one touch CEC Control through Settings, System, Control Other Devices and the problem immediately went away. 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.