Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KGBDude
Reel Rookie

Do not see 4k content in Disney Plus app on Roku 4K TCL TV

Jump to solution

Suddenly, I no longer see 4k movies and shows in my Disney Plus app on TCL 4K Roku Tv.
It shows everything is HD or Advance IMAX HD.

There was no change to network and Roku tv network check shows 50 mbps and netflix app on same box shows 126 mbps, which is plenty for 4k...

I know Disney app supposed to auto check device capabilities... and disney support is useless.

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
blade_005
Roku Guru

Re: Do not see 4k content in Disney Plus app on Roku 4K TCL TV

Jump to solution

I had the same issue with my two (2) HDR capable TCL Roku TV's with Disney+ and Hulu. HDR support was gone and all labeling for HDR was also removed from both applications. The 'fix' seems to have come with the update to ROKU OS  Version 13.0.0 - Build 24062-30 that arrived on both of my TV's today. After the update from OS 12.5.5. to the version above, HDR support and labeling has returned.

BenQ HT2060 4LED Projector (120") | ONN 5.1.2 Dolby ATMOS SB | FTV4K MAX (2nd GEN) | Roku Express 4K+
TCL Roku-TV 55P605 (4K/HDR/DV) | VIZIO SB36512‑F6 ATMOS SB | FTV4K MAX (2nd GEN)
TCL Roku-TV 43S425 (4K HDR) | FTV4K MAX (2nd GEN)
TCL Roku-TV 32S301 (720p) | FTV4K MAX (2nd GEN)

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
KGBDude
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Yes, had roku OS update yesterday and 4k is back 🙂

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @KGBDude,

We're glad you're a part of the Roku Community!

Thank you for letting us know about the Disney Plus channel display issue on your TCL TV. We're here to assist you.

If your Roku streaming player is having trouble detecting your TV's capabilities, you may want to manually change the display type setting. Follow these steps: 

• Press the Home button on your Roku remote.
  • Scroll and select Settings.
  • Select Display type.
  • Choose one of the available display types and press OK on your remote.
  • Your screen may go black for a few seconds while the display setting is changed.

• Once an image is displayed, select "Yes, I can see it" and press OK on your remote.

• Your screen will return to the Display type menu, and a checkmark will appear next to the new display setting.

Note: If you receive a message indicating that your TV does not support a display type, you can still select it and try it anyway.

Please try doing this and see if it helps with what you're experiencing.

Best regards,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
KGBDude
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you ! 

But TCL Roku tv does not have "Display type" setting, its 4k TV after all, so its always in that mode. That setting are present on roku sticks and players.

This was working for a while and I just noticed it doesn't yesterday, and roku 4k spotlight channel shows 4k content.

0 Kudos
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thanks for the added information, @KGBDude!

We would like to know if you received any error messages when trying to stream. Is the issue specific to a particular channel or content? Have you attempted to remove and reinstall the channel? Also, could you please let us know what troubleshooting steps you have already taken?

We're hoping to get everything sorted out soon and appreciate you bearing with us in the meantime.

Thanks,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
KGBDude
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

the are no errors, the app simply doesn't detect 4k capability of the TV anymore.

trying to determine if its due to roku update, app update or something else.

as it was working on this tv previously.

0 Kudos
blade_005
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I had the same issue with my two (2) HDR capable TCL Roku TV's with Disney+ and Hulu. HDR support was gone and all labeling for HDR was also removed from both applications. The 'fix' seems to have come with the update to ROKU OS  Version 13.0.0 - Build 24062-30 that arrived on both of my TV's today. After the update from OS 12.5.5. to the version above, HDR support and labeling has returned.

BenQ HT2060 4LED Projector (120") | ONN 5.1.2 Dolby ATMOS SB | FTV4K MAX (2nd GEN) | Roku Express 4K+
TCL Roku-TV 55P605 (4K/HDR/DV) | VIZIO SB36512‑F6 ATMOS SB | FTV4K MAX (2nd GEN)
TCL Roku-TV 43S425 (4K HDR) | FTV4K MAX (2nd GEN)
TCL Roku-TV 32S301 (720p) | FTV4K MAX (2nd GEN)
0 Kudos
KGBDude
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Yes, had roku OS update yesterday and 4k is back 🙂

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.