Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bigdtown23
Reel Rookie

Re: Overheating

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R i did a chat session with ROKU  support the other day and there didn't seem to be a fix other than to replace the streaming stick. i already have an HDMI extender from the previous time it overheated. so support told me the only thing i could do was send my current roku stick in and at some point they will send out a new one. i think i'll just purchase a smart tv. it's time for an upgrade anyway.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hey @5457

Thanks for the post.

Could you try using a different browser or device when placing an order for a free HDMI extender? You can also try a private tab/incognito to see if that resolves the issue. If still no dice, send us your Roku device serial number which can be found at the back of the device or by navigating to Settings > System > About

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Bigdtown23

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this has caused.

If the device continues to overheat even after the suggested troubleshooting, we'll be needing to check the device itself to help improve our products. We recommend continuing to work with our Support team to resolve the issue you are experiencing as they would best be able to assist you moving forward.

We appreciate your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
VIEW

Jump to solution

I bought the cable they suggested and the problem persists. 

0 Kudos
VIEW

Jump to solution

So, what should I do? Both roku sticks get very hot even though I bought the cables recommended. Now what?

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hey @VIEW

We're here to help!

Please reply here with the serial number of the Roku devices for further assistance. It can be viewed by navigating to Settings System About or at the back of the device itself.

We look forward to hearing from you shortly.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos

Re: Overheating Message

Jump to solution

Also make sure that you check your power cord I had the same issue and it turned out that while I was dusting around the TV that I damaged the power cord and the USB and that caused the Roku to overheat more than likely because of a short

0 Kudos
Maui_Warrior
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Getting this overheating message on my Roku streaming stick. Tried to order an extender from the Roku site but it will not let me complete the form? Says I have not filled the SN number correctly/ I have it correct. Any ideas?

thanks.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Maui_Warrior

Thanks for the post.

Have you made sure that you are using the number "zero" and not the letter "O"?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
kajal_das

Jump to solution

I bought new Roku stick, after 2 hrs streaming its showing overheating message on screen!! Does Roku get heated up within a day!  

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.