Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ssmccloud
Binge Watcher

Re: No sound

Jump to solution

I’m not switching, either - there’s nothing else plugged into the TV besides the power cord. 😑

0 Kudos
bobblank36
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

i am sick and tired of unplugging roku to get sound mu;tiple times per day - thats not acceptable

0 Kudos
bobblank36
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

so where is my help? 

0 Kudos
bobblank36
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

i have purchsed 5 or 6 roku devices,,, things work well when your collecting payment!

0 Kudos
Swordsman
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I don't work for ROKU.  When I find something that I can help with, I comment on what I know works. 

I'm wondering if you're actually having a problem with your router/modem.  If you are dropping off the router, reboot seems to work until your signal is not connected.  Maybe interference from something new in the neighborhood. 

0 Kudos
joeydav1
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

@Swordsman everyone is having that problem? Then it's still a ROKU problem.

Swordsman
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Maybe not.  There are several people in this community where I live that have had the problem.  It's always the wrong setting, a modem/router, interference, or a cable not seated properly.  You would be amazed at how many people never reboot or disconnect their system.  It's like a computer or a smartphone.  You have to turn it off occasionally or just reboot a computer.  I have never personally encountered a defect piece of equipment from ROKU.  It's universally the same:  (1) the ROKU or TV improper configuring, (2)  Router interference or weak signal; mostly because of placement or sometimes something new in the neighborhood (3) The system needs to all be rebooted, both ROKU and Television.  Nothing runs forever; you must occasionally reboot.

0 Kudos
SocalVal
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Swordsman you’ve got to be kidding me. A forum full of people all over the US is having this problem and that’s the excuse you got? This thing started acting crazy a few months after having it. It’s not that things don’t last forever it’s that it seems like it’s a systemwide issue that isn’t being addressed. Your suggestions don’t address most of the complaints here

0 Kudos
Swordsman
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Every time that I 'fix' a neighbors ROKU it always comes down to the wrong settings, router, something not properly connected, or the ROKU/Television hasn't been reset in months.  You, of course, realize that if a Smart Television updates, sometimes the settings need to be changed and/or the entire system needs to be rebooted.  People don't.  They get hostile and start piling on.  One individual stated he had 5-6 Roku devices that had been working and now, nothing works.  If it worked before, it's interference, settings, or the router.  I had one lady who decided she didn't like the way her router looked so she disconnected it and put it in storage.  It's amazing what people will do.  If it's system-wide, it was a software upgrade somewhere.  Don't assume it was ROKU.  

Once again, I do not work for ROKU.

0 Kudos
joeydav1
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

@Swordsman - so you're making the rounds in your neighborhood "fixing" people's ROKUs and it's always some router setting? OK, once again, if we're to believe that, these things are also true:

1. Routers - all models, all brands, all ages - that people have had for years are suddenly not communicating with ROKUs.

2. Brand new ROKUs suddenly don't work with routers when their older models did.

Either way, IT'S STILL A ROKU ISSUE.

0 Kudos