Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mcompot1

How to fix 'insufficient power' or 'low power' warning

I have tried plugging the device into the wall out and have followed the troubleshooting steps provided on the Support page and I am still not able to resolve the issue.

The message has changed to “Check signal cable” I see a light on the Roku stick. I have tried resetting, changing ports, reset tv, prayed, cast spells, and more.

It was working. Wondering if the Roku device is bad.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: How to fix 'insufficient power' or 'low power' warning

Hi @mcompot1,

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community!

Please be advised that this happens sometimes if you connect your Roku player through a third-party device with a USB or AC power adaptor that does not meet more recent USB standards. Try a different power adaptor or try plugging your Roku player directly into a power source.

If there's anything else that we can do to assist you, please let us know.

Regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
viper111

Re: How to fix 'insufficient power' or 'low power' warning

I am also having this problem.  My Roku is plugged into the wall and I'm still getting the low power message.  It's always been plugged into the wall.  I unplugged it and plugged it back in and it is fine for a bit, but then says it again.  I have tried all of the trouble shooting methods in this community and support page.
0 Kudos