Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: How to fix 'insufficient power' or 'low power' warning

Jump to solution

@Surgical702 wrote:

I was told to mail the Roku device to them on my dime and then they will send me a new one. In the meantime, no device available for use. 

That's the way that almost all companies work their warranty exchanges. It's a rare company that sends a new device before receiving the old one, or pay for shipping it back. There are some, but not a lot.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Nocount

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you're experiencing.

Have you tried using a different power cord and/or adapter to power your Roku device? Please let us know. We'd like to know more about how we can help.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Michael85
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Roku model# 3941X,  Serial#. SOAH51525LAN.  Unit worked for a day, then began showing messages of low power and promoted me to plug into the adapter or another power source.  I’ve tried 5 different power adapters all with the same results,  a low power condition and not able to access anything.  I do hear a “clicking sound” form the speaker of the TV when a function on the remote is pressed but the screen never changes from it’s low power display prompting me to change adapters.      What’s up??????

RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hey @Michael85

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

I have forwarded your concern and information to our team. I'd recommend keeping an eye on your email since they'll be reaching out to you from there.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Sobeit4me

Jump to solution

I’m having same issue and there is no usb device plugged in.  Can you assist me too

RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello @Sobeit4me

Thanks for the post.

We would recommend starting with the suggestions available in this Support link: What to do if the red light is flashing, or you see a "low-power" warning. If the issue persists, please reply here with the serial number of the affected Roku device. It can be found at the back or underneath the player itself.

Keep us updated!

All the best,
Kariza 

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Michael85
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

After trying about 12 different "5 volt" chargers that actually ranged in measured meter voltage from a low of 4.97 volts to a high of 5.24 volts.   Sometimes the roku unit would work for a short period of time with one of the chargers that put out greater than5.1 volts then the low power warning would come on.  BUT, even when the unit would be working the red L.E.D. would still be flashing.     It appears that the roku unit has a sensor that has a threshold limit that is very borderline to allowing the unit to function normally.   The supplied Roku charger was only putting out 4.97 volts and never has worked with this unit.   Question:  Is this internal voltage sensor programable (say with software updates) ?  OR is it a single internal hardware device that senses a low voltage?   In either case, MY solution to the problem was that I built my own "Variable" power supply and gradually tweeked up the voltage to 6.1 volts.  The flashing red L.E.D. has now turned blue, there hasn't been a low power indication since and the unit has been working perfectly since.    What did I have to loose, the unit wasn't working anyway.   Michael85

Alexpluse3

Jump to solution

I don’t understand what u mean I plugged it in the wall it’s still saying the same thing

RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hey @Alexpluse3

We're here to help!

Please reply here with the serial number of the affected Roku device. It can be found at the back or underneath the player itself. I'll be able to further assist you from there.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
LowPOWER

Jump to solution

I'm having the same insufficient power message, even after swapping the power adapter, power cable and HDMI cable.  SN:SOAH515RUL23.

Please help