Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PETENOW
Reel Rookie

Re: How to fix 'insufficient power' or 'low power' warning

Jump to solution

I was one of the people who supplied my serial number. I still don't see a solution. 

PETENOW
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I agree. I believe there is still no solution many months later.

RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@junglebook3

Thanks for the reply.

I have forwarded your concern and information to our team. I'd recommend keeping an eye on your email since they'll be reaching out to you from there.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@PETENOW

I hope you're doing well.

I checked your previous posts in the Community, but I haven't found any post with the serial number provided. Please post it here so I can help you out.

I'll keep an eye out for your reply. 

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
txblue
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Good luck everyone as they will lead you on...the say your device is faulty and offer you 30% off on their web site that is not valid on the express.  Well all I need is an express and even with the discount which the site did say was an invalid code it's still more expensive.than the express.  Not a good deal Roku.  My failed device has only been used like 5 times as it was in my guest room.  And I have 10 devices across our 2 homes.  Great way to treat a loyal customer

@RokuKariza-D wrote:

@junglebook3

Thanks for the reply.

I have forwarded your concern and information to our team. I'd recommend keeping an eye on your email since they'll be reaching out to you from there.

All the best,
Kariza

junglebook3
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Solution provided 'Factory reset' does not fix this issue.

After following and successful 'Factory Reset', issue still remains:(

RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello @junglebook3

Thanks for the post.

We'd recommend starting with the suggestions available in this Support link: What to do if the red light is flashing, or you see a "low-power" warning. If the problem continues, reply here with the serial number of the affected Roku device. It can be found at the back or underneath the player itself. 

Keep us updated!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Nocount

Jump to solution

Hi,

Appears I am joining long list of dissatisfied Roku Express 4k+ (S/N S07P41CH7MCN) and Model 3920X (S/NK430C1902701) streaming players.  I used both with same unsatisfactory results.  Planned obsolescence?  To date, I am a big fan of Roku. I also have a TCL-Roku television.  So what gives?  T have followed all you advice.  Sometimes, sufficient power magically reruns and the player may start up on its own after sitting idly while I tried to figure out how to navigate sparse technical support.  But this energized life does not last. and the same low power message returns. Do I give up on Roku and go to AppleTV or another competitor?  Please help so I can avoid finding new home hence my going the reply line.

atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Planned obsolescence? Unlikely. The Express 4K+ is a near new model (just released Sept 21). The 3920 is a bit older, released Sept 19.  I have both models, and they work just fine.

It's far more likely that either there's a problem with the power cube you're using to power the device(s), or they are simply defective. It can happen even with a brand new device, unfortunately. We'll tag @RokuDanny-R and @RokuKariza-D for their assistance. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Surgical702
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I was told to mail the Roku device to them on my dime and then they will send me a new one. In the meantime, no device available for use.