Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: How to fix 'insufficient power' or 'low power' warning

Jump to solution

I went to the link provided go.Roku/low power and a window chat pop up. And they tried to charge me for some set up. I smell was a scam and denied the help. Roku should look into this, the chat is piping in their link they should be legally responsable. 

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Paularam1974,

Thank you for reporting this issue to Roku Community!

We're sorry about the issue.

It sounds like you weren't speaking with a Roku representative.
We are aware of certain fraudulent websites that are not affiliated with Roku, but that claim to offer “Roku Technical Support”. These sites will endeavor to charge a fee or extract personal information. Roku does not endorse any third parties to offer to troubleshoot or provide technical support to our customers. These scammers create official-looking web pages directing users to provide their contact information so that they may be contacted by a “support agent”. These webpages are most commonly encountered when users search for Roku support using a search engine and follow links to sites outside of the http://roku.com domain. Here is a bit more information on reporting the fraudulent website -How to protect yourself from activation and technical support scams | Official Roku Support
Roku will never charge you an activation or support fee, and we won't ask for sensitive details like payment information over the phone or ask for remote access to your computer.
Are you still having a technical support issue? If so, let us know, we'd like to help.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Paularam1974 wrote:

I went to the link provided go.Roku/low power and a window chat pop up. And they tried to charge me for some set up. I smell was a scam and denied the help.

That was not a Roku web site, but a scammer. I don't think you entered the exact URL you typed, but my guess is your web browser offered a web site as you were typing and you accepted the recommendation, which was not actually Roku. Using Bing I couldn't discover exactly where you went. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Teejay28
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I am powering the roku device by having in plugged into the wall outlet with the original power supply it came with. I have tried switching wall outlets and plugging into tv. Keep getting the same low power message. @RokuMary-F 

Surgical702
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

This is the same problem I’m experiencing. I have it plugged into the wall. At this point I’m going to use the fire stick instead of this hassle. Using the Roku power adapter and HDMI cord. have to reset it and then it works for a few days. 

#rokuexpress4k+

Surgical702
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I don’t understand how this continues to happen to everyone. 

Wooksofresh
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

My Roku didn't come with a Roku USB cable and I'm having this same issue. My Roku came with a remote, the Roku box, and USB port to connect to an outlet. I've tried multiple USB cables and nothing works.

renojim

Jump to solution

@Wooksofresh, are you in the UK?  Apparently they don't come with the power adapter.  If you're in the US there should have been a power adapter in the box.  You say you've tried different USB cables, but have you tried different power adapters?  Note that if you're using the TV's USB port some TVs don't supply enough power.  You need a USB power adapter that can supply at least 1 Amp and I believe some devices require 1.5 Amps.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Wooksofresh
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@renojim No I am in the US. I'm using the power adapter/USB port that plugs into an outlet that came with the Roku but the Roku didn't come with a USB cable. I have my Roku plugged into the wall.

renojim

Jump to solution

@Wooksofresh, I see.  I don't know why you wouldn't have received a cable, but any one should do.  Do you have another USB power adapter from a phone or tablet you can try?

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos