Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Shawitch69

Re: How to fix 'insufficient power' or 'low power' warning

Jump to solution

Hi Danny mine's doing the same thing. I've had this stick for 2 years and all of a sudden it now powers out on me. I have a model 3710 RW and the version is 9. 3.0.  I'm using it on a Vizio and as I said I've been using it for years and this issue started last night. I live in a very rural community with no transportation and unable to go buy a new stick right now. Please advise

Re: Re: How to fix 'insufficient power' or 'low power' warning

Jump to solution

I can stream Vudu, Disney+, Netflix, you name it, no problem. Only Prime Video is constantly telling me that my Roku has insufficient power. I think Amazon is throttling it somehow to try to make me get a Fire Stick.

Jcasey810

Jump to solution

I'm experiencing the same issue...I’ve troubleshooted all the ways Roku suggests and nothing has helped!

BrianKing

Jump to solution

Hi Danny

I am having this same issue. My Roku is plugged into power socket, and then connected by USB to the TV.  It has been working fine without issue for years and now randomly gives the message described here.  Any other suggestions for resolving?  Thanks

Brian

Ylee23

Jump to solution

I've had the same problem for about 6wks now. So frustrating since I just bought this at Christmas. I've done all the suggested fixes. It happens every day, it can be while I'm watching something, & then within minutes of me fixing it. 

atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Ylee23 wrote:

I've had the same problem for about 6wks now. So frustrating since I just bought this at Christmas. I've done all the suggested fixes. It happens every day, it can be while I'm watching something, & then within minutes of me fixing it. 

We need more information about your device. What model number is it? How is it powered (USB to a TV, the included power adapter), what channel(s) does it happen with? Does the channel exit to the home screen, or does the Roku reboot itself (dancing logo like when it's powered up)?

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Chaslen
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I'm having the same problem like everyone else. Notice that everyone that has replied has been in about the last 3 months. My Roku has worked great until just this past week.

Chaslen
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I want to update my comment from 06/13/20. I'm only having USB power problems when using Amazon Prime like, littleview stated. Never had a problem till I signed up to Amazon Prime a few weeks ago. I have watched Acorn for 2 years and never one  problem. littleview, I think you may be on to the problem. Everyone needs to see if power problem occurs on other services.

VAinWI
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Mine is definitely not confined to just Amazon. It did the same when I was watching the Roku channel. 

Kimerick
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same issue not power source.  Did ALL troubleshooting.  Only does this on brand new hdtv.  Just tv not smart.  This is why i didnt get a smart or roku or firestick tv.  Updates messed everythibg up no solution plus hulu commercials issue all since updaye