Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mlopes1963
Channel Surfer

Re: How to fix Netflix not working on my Roku streaming device

Jump to solution

I have done that and more. I also had calls with NETFLIX support. At this point I am 100% sure the problem is with ROKU, but it seems that nobody is realing address the problem besides telling us to reinstall the APP, clear cache and reboot. Why nothing is happening on my toshiba firestick tvs? Only on ROKU. 

mlopes1963
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Hello Jecheal, I have removed NETFLIX, reinstalled it, rebooted routher, unplugged TV for over 90 seconds, everything that everyone is suggesting out there and the problem persists on my ROKU boxes and TV only. My TOSHIBA firestick TVs did not have any problem. Please advise ASAP. Thank You

mlopes1963
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Hello Elmer,

I have multiple ROKU boxes and TV. They all had exactly the same problem at the same time. Can you please tell me how to open a support case with ROKU? 

AVidal0417

Jump to solution

I had similar issue with accessing Netflix app on my Roku TV (it was working last night and suddenly this morning the app could not be accessed); when trying to open app the screen went black. I followed the steps, then tried to update the app but it was up to date, so O then selected “restart app” and it worked. Thank you!

0 Kudos
Cristinac
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I’m having the same issue on Hisense Roku tv G221x 7Series-43. I have no connectivity issues. Closed app. Deleted and reinstalled app. Unplugged everything from wall. Unplugged modem. System restart. Ensured app and tv device are fully updated. Even did factory reset of whole Roku tv. Netflix works fine on non-Roku tv devices. It’s just Roku tv and Netflix. It won’t load. Please help fix this now. 

0 Kudos
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thank you for keeping us posted, @Cristinac!

We appreciate your efforts and the troubleshooting steps. If this issue is only happening with the Netflix channel, we highly recommend reaching out to their customer support teams for further assistance and clarification. Please note that the content on the Roku platform is primarily provided and updated independently by the respective streaming channels.

Thanks for understanding. Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Best regards,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Cristinac
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you. I have already connected with Netflix. This is a Roku tv problem. It only happens on Netflix on this particular tv. It is not a problem on my other tvs when accessing Netflix. This is Roku tv’s problem. Please escalate this issue with Roku as you can see from all the other comments that this is unique to Roku tv. 

0 Kudos
Leo444

Jump to solution

I had the same problem ,my Roku on setting was set on 4k resolutions, I changed it to Auto select on resolutions problem got resolved, so is playing now.

0 Kudos
Leo444

Jump to solution

I had the same problem ,my Roku  setting was set on 4k resolutions, I changed it to Auto select on resolutions problem got resolved, so is playing now.

Jump to solution

So I am having a issue where it wont load Netflix properly. It goes in the app then says there is a error

0 Kudos