Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tenor
Reel Rookie

Help whenever I play anything it’s stuck on the prime video home screen

Jump to solution

So this is the first time this ever happened to me but whenever I try to play a video from YouTube, a show from Netflix or even something from prime video itself it always just shows the prime video Home Screen.
It is really annoying because I have tried going into settings and update the tv but it says it’s already up to date.

I don’t know what else to do please help.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Help whenever I play anything it’s stuck on the prime video home screen

Jump to solution

@tenor-

These things are just special purpose computers. Like their big brothers sometimes clearing things out by restarting them can correct problems.

Depending on your Roku model you'll find the "System restart" under "Settings > System > Power", or if you have no Power option, under "Settings > System".

If a restart doesn't do it, or if you don't have sufficient control with the remote to navigate the Roku menus, you can also restart by pulling the power plug to the Roku for a minute or so then plugging it back in.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
tenor
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

And plus it’s really weird I dont think I have seen anyone else with this problem before

0 Kudos
renojim

Jump to solution

It's not real clear what you're saying, but do you have a Prime/Amazon button on your remote?  Is it stuck?

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
tenor
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

No actually, I don’t have a prime video button at all. There’s only a Netflix, Disney plus, Apple TV and hbo max buttons.

Also sorry what I’m trying to say is whenever I try to play something from any app it always displays a prime video Home Screen. It doesn’t actually bring me to prime video, it just displays the Home Screen whenever I try to watch anything.

0 Kudos
makaiguy

Jump to solution

@tenor-

These things are just special purpose computers. Like their big brothers sometimes clearing things out by restarting them can correct problems.

Depending on your Roku model you'll find the "System restart" under "Settings > System > Power", or if you have no Power option, under "Settings > System".

If a restart doesn't do it, or if you don't have sufficient control with the remote to navigate the Roku menus, you can also restart by pulling the power plug to the Roku for a minute or so then plugging it back in.

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
tenor
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you, the first option you suggested where I had to go to the settings to restart it worked.

Tbh I probably could’ve found this option myself if I decided to actually dig through the settings but I was too lazy 😅😅

Much thanks!

0 Kudos
patcah1

Jump to solution

This is happening to me as well. I have a newer TCL roku tv. 

0 Kudos
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @patcah1!

Greetings from the Roku Community!

Your TCL Roku TV seems to be experiencing issues with video or channels that get stuck on the home screen or keep reverting.

Please try restarting your Roku TV, as @makaiguy suggested. If that doesn't work, you can visit our support page for additional troubleshooting to resolve the playback issue.

Let us know if the issue is fixed, or reply to the thread if you need further assistance. We are here to help.

Thanks,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.