Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kzh
Reel Rookie

Hallmark TV App show ends before it is finished

Here it is Sept. 2023 and this issue continues on Roku where all the Hallmark shows and movies end 2 minutes prior to the end and autoplay the next episode or another movie. It happens on my Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick. Very disappointing m

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Hallmark TV App show ends before it is finished

Hi @Kzh,

Thanks for your first post here in the Roku Community!

We're sorry to hear about your experience with the Hallmark TV app. There are some instances where removing a channel and reinstalling it may help. To ensure the process is successful, follow the steps below, making sure you restart your Roku device before adding the channel again.

• Remove the channel. Highlight the channel tile on your home screen and press the Star button on your Roku remote to open the Options menu. Select Remove channel and confirm.
  • Restart your Roku device: Home > Settings > System > Power. "If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step." System restart.
  • Reinstall the channel. Visit the Roku Channel Store and add the channel again.

For further reference, visit our support page: How to resolve a channel playback issue.

Please keep us posted on how it goes.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Kzh
Reel Rookie

I've uninstalled and reinstalled on all 3 of my Rokus. Your solution does not work. And from the many posts on this support board this problem has been ongoing for a couple of years. Hallmark Movies Now blames in on Roku and Roku blames it on HMN or and installation issue. 

How about you all just FIX it?

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Kzh,

Thanks for keeping us posted!

You're doing a great job of troubleshooting the issue. We will be more than happy to assist you further. Please try to update the channel by highlighting the channel tile, pressing the star button on your Roku remote, and selecting check for updates.

If the problem still persists, please let us know.

Best regards,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Kzh
Reel Rookie

I've done all this numerous times. Updated the app. Uninstalled and reinstalled the app (restarted the Roku after each of these). My Rokus are all up to date. The problem persists and it is only on the Hallmark Movies Now app. This app runs perfectly on Google TV and on mobile devices. It is ONLY on every single Roku we have that we have the issue where it cuts off the last 2 minutes of show episodes and movies and starts the next thing up automatically. 

There is no way to turn off autoplay either. 

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for the update, @Kzh

We recommend contacting Hallmark TV's support directly and inquiring further about this. Most channels on the Roku platform are administered and managed by the channel providers themselves. Thus, they can address this issue and resolve it. Contact them directly here.

We hope for your understanding regarding this matter.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.