Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
User-345
Reel Rookie

Getting error message on Roku device

For the past week, I have been having problems with my Roku.

First it started when the streaming started glitching, freezing, or quitting randomly which only got more frequent.

I thought, oh maybe the app I was using needed to be updated. So I did an update check, no problem there, everything was up to date.

Still ran into the same problems.

So then I thought, oh maybe the Roku needs an update. Went to do an update check. Checking...checking...checking...error. Oh no! I tried again and again, and the same error pops up every time.

Then it starts randomly saying that my Wi-Fi is not connected, but when going into the Wi-Fi settings, it says it's connected. 

Then today, it just completely froze on me out of nowhere while it was on the main menu.

Ten minutes later, it has rebooted on it's own, but not just rebooted, but rebooted in factory mode, which I assume means all my apps were wiped. But I wouldn't know because I can't get access to my Roku now. Why?

Because when I start the set-up process, it looks for a Wi-Fi connection, which I connect it to. But then it forcibly looks for a software update for the Roku, which again brings back the error message. So now I can't even use my Roku device AT ALL! 

What the Roku?!?!?! It has to be something on your end because NOTHING has changed on my end. No new apps, no new TV, no new device. Everything has been the same the past two years.

It's also not a problem with my modem or router, I already checked.

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
RokuAnjelie
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku is now unusable! Problems since last week!

Hi @User-345

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community,

We understand how frustrated you are right now. May I know what Roku device you are using right now and what error code you see every time you connect to your internet? 

Please let us know to assist you further.

Thanks, 

Anjelie 

Anjelie A.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
User-345
Reel Rookie

It is the streaming stick and the Error 3

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

There have been at least 5 Roku Streaming Stick models. Roku menu path Settings/System/About will give you the model name and model number.

If you can't do that in its present state, you can log into your account at https://my.roku.com and scroll down to see your linked Roku devices.  Depending on what you may have renamed your device(s) you might be able to get your model info there.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
RokuAnjelie
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @User-345 

Thanks for the update! I'd like to know more about the issue you are experiencing. What troubleshooting steps have you done so far to reproduce the problem?

Can you please connect through a mobile hotspot for us to troubleshoot if there's something wrong with your internet?

You can refer to our support page on how to fix: What to do if your Roku streaming device is unable to update software

If the issue persists, please let us know to assist you further.

Thanks,  

Anjelie

Anjelie A.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Silver99

Error code 00ps!2 that's says an error has prevented your channel to play. Please try again. If the issue persistent please contact vidgo support. There was an error in the HTTP response. This could mean that malformed HTTP headers or an HTTP error code was returned. I downloaded vidgo on my roku 4k express device. And cannot load any channels due to this error what a wast of 80.00.

Sabrina Goodridge 

0 Kudos
Strega2
Roku Guru

It sounds like you are only having problems with Vidgo and the Vidgo app says to contact them, so I would start with that.  Searching around, I do see that Vidgo has been having significant issues lately.  For example, I see reports from a few weeks ago saying that Vidgo had been down for a month.  (And at the time, was not back up.)

Banned but back. Because why not?
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.