Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bosser55

Re: Forced ads on hulu live replay

Jump to solution

We just added Hulu+ to our Roku and are experiencing exactly this same issue. We are using a Roku 3. Fast forward to a spot, hit Play, watch 3 ads, then it starts playing where we indicated. 

0 Kudos
JoelB1
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Yes, this is still happening, and only when accessing hulu/live on the roku. (It also occurs on our daughter's TCL roku TV). When we access hulu/live on our Sony Android TV, it works fine. 

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @bosser55,

Thanks for sharing this observation with us. We'd like to inform you that in order to raise this issue with our appropriate Roku team, we'll need the details below:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).

Once more details have been gathered, we can go ahead and pass the information on for further review.

We'll appreciate your response regarding this matter.

Sincerely,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
TylerA
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I’m having the same problem with my Roku Express 4K+ when using the Hulu app, but it doesn’t happen with my LG smart TV for the same shows on Hulu.

device model: 3941X-Roku Express 4K+

serial number: X01600Y16A8C

device ID: S07P42716A8C

software version: 12.5.0 - build 4178-CR

Tracker ID: 8C-459-590

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Welcome, and thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @TylerA.

We appreciate you for raising your concern with us. No worries. We're here to assist you with this.

Kindly try to highlight the app and then press the star* button on your remote to update it. The app should be in Version 636, build 0. 

If the issue still persists, kindly try to remove the app, perform a system reboot, and then re-install it to see if the issue will still occur. 

Let us know how it goes, and we'll go from there. We'll be anticipating your response!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
hhege
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I regret posting in this topic, because I now believe that this issue can only be resolved by the Hulu programmers. If Carly (Moderator) is able to refer this issue to the Hulu programmers, that might be most helpful. Thank you, in advance.

0 Kudos
JoelB1
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

This is still happening. We experience it only when watching hulu live on a roku. It never happens when we watch hulu live on our Android TV without the roku. Our roku's are at the latest level of the roku software. This is not a hulu problem. It's a roku problem. 

0 Kudos
hhege
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Let's agree to disagree. How are Roku staff not able to resolve this issue in the last 3 months? Actually, I have experienced this Hulu-app-on-Roku behavior for the last 10 months, and this has been documented for years before that. Buddy, you're beating a dead horse.

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @JoelB1

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We're sorry you have a playback issue with the Hulu channel. Have you tried the suggestion from @RokuCarly above?

If the problem persists, keep us posted on what you find out.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
JoelB1
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I've tried all the steps recommended above with no change of behavior in the app. Since the problem only occurs when using a roku to access hulu, I can only conclude that the problem is with the roku hulu app. And since this problem has been reported for months, if not years, it would appear that roku doesn't take it seriously enough to address. Has there even been an attempt on roku's part to fix it? 

0 Kudos