Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sapphiretears
Reel Rookie

Re: Disney plus Bundle - ESPN+ not working

Jump to solution

I'll try again, but my disney plus is logged in. It shows it as logged in. Above it has it as requesting my tv provider in order to show Monday night football. I can watch football on every other platform I own via disney. Just not my roku.... I wish we could include screenshots here!

0 Kudos
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@Sapphiretears Who is your TV provider?  On your other streaming devices are you watching football on ESPN or ESPN+?  Monday Night Football is on ESPN and not on ESPN+.  ESPN+ has many mid major college games but no NFL games.  ESPN+ uses your My Disney login.  ESPN requires a TV provider.  Both my ESPN and ESPN+ are working on my Roku devices.  

0 Kudos
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@Sapphiretears I was wrong.  Some Monday Night Football games are on ESPN+.  Most are on ESPN but some are on both and some are on ABC.  One game is  exclusively on ESPN+.  Many weeks ESPN is the only choice but not all.  Sorry for the error.

0 Kudos
Chuckeee

Jump to solution

I did that.  I still get activate with TV provider stop screen.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Welcome to the Roku Community, @Chuckeee!

Thanks for reaching out here and for letting us know about this. 

Perhaps you can directly contact either Disney Plus or ESPN Plus Support for further information about this as Roku doesn't manage channel login or authentication. 

You may also refer to the URL prompted on the screen.

You may visit this website to help you:

We hope you find this information helpful.

Warm regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
CDW420

Jump to solution

Only got it to work when I purchased the Hulu + Live TV Disney, ESPN+ bundle. Would not accept Hulu as a TV Provider until it was switched to the Live TV bundle. 

0 Kudos
Asellus
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Yes. The tv provider login only works with people who have a cable bundle or a streaming cable replacement like Hulu + Live TV, YouTube TV, etc.

Glad it was an easy fix for you. Mine still had problems even though I'm authenticated. Kept disconnecting from the provider or giving connection error. I just stopped using it for ESPN3, so I don't know if ESPN finally fixed it?

0 Kudos
Agavrin
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

John, having similar proble?s trying to authenticate on a Roku. Selected verizon, entered ID & password (have now tried my verizon login ID, my Disney+ bundle ID, and my verizon wireless phone number since my bundle is a perk of my wireless contract), each with their appropriate password, and still getting an error message telling me to contact t verizon. I did so, and spent over an hour with a tech support agent in a chat. No luck. Tried your updates trick- no luck. On this same Roku tv, the Hulu and Disney+ are easily accessed and readily available. Not sure what else to try since attempting to go through Disney ID & password still leads to having to select Verizon on my phone when entering the espn-generated code at the link address displayed on screen in the espn tile destination. Thanks for any other help you may come up with, Andrea

0 Kudos
Agavrin
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I HAVE a tv provider, same as you for Hulu and Disney+ access, and it still won't let me into even the basic espn! So frustrating when all I wanted was to catch the last hour of Monday night's game in KC. No one seems to know how to fix this problem.

0 Kudos
Agavrin
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

First, call Disney back and report the tech's behavior. Totally unacceptable and Disney has VERY strict codes of conduct when it comes to employees who are in positions that require interaction with the public.

Second, my verizon tech told me to contact Espn tech support. (Will be doing that later today, but here is the number if you want to give it a try. 888-549-3776) Good luck!

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.