Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ello2022
Roku Guru

Re: Disable or skip ROKU start up screen (bouncing logo)

Jump to solution

@paj3232  Have you tried doing a factory reset? Do you have fast start enabled? Here is a link

https://support.roku.com/article/360011064094

0 Kudos
paj3232
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I wish I could send a small video of what exactly happens when I turn on the tv from the remote or google assist. Then you would see I'm not crazy or making this up.

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@paj3232  Remember Roku did not make your TV. LG did. Was this bouncing Roku logo always there? I posted a link to help you enable fast start up

0 Kudos
paj3232
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I have not tried a factory reset, trying to avoid that. This has happened since day one. If someone can tell me how to enable fast start I prefer to try that first, thanks.

0 Kudos
paj3232
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I will check out the link, thanks.

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@paj3232  I gave you a link on how to enable fast start. Nothing wrong with doing a factory reset. But maybe there is something specific to your Roku TV since it’s an LG. Have you ever reached out to them? How long have you owned this TV?

0 Kudos
paj3232
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Never reached out to LG, just went to the link to enable fast start and guess what? When I follow the directions, go to Home, then settings, then System all is fine BUT there is supposed to be a Power option under system, there is no Power option to click on under System. What is the deal? I feel like it will never be resolved. I will probably try factory reset but I don't think I believe it will fix the problem.

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@paj3232  Why wouldn’t you reach out to LG? It almost sounds to me like your TV is set up in store demo mode. Not home user. Do a factory reset and when you set it select home user

Did you full look under every setting? Sure you aren’t missing it?

0 Kudos
paj3232
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

It is in home mode, not store mode, going to do a factory reset.

0 Kudos
paj3232
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I now also wonder why there is no Power selection listed under System in the Settings...

0 Kudos