Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
James747
Channel Surfer

Cannot login to The Common Sense Show TV

I subscribe to The Common Sense Show app and since last week have been unable to login. It continually says "username or password invalid". I went through Roku support last week and they never got back to me. I also went through the company that handles The Common Sense Show and they said they show me having an account, but that it shows I do not have an active subscription for this account. I do have one and am paid up on it till the first part of next month. I was on the app last Friday morning, but by Friday night, I was logged out mysteriously. What's up? Please help.

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Cannot login to The Common Sense Show TV

Hi @James747,

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community!

Are you directly subscribed to The Common Sense Show directly or through Roku Pay? In addition, may we know when you first subscribed to this channel?

Let us know.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
James747
Channel Surfer

I answered this in an email you sent, but I will do so here also. Been subscribed to The Common Sense Show since it first came on, I believe in 2020. And I subscribed through my Roku devices and I also pay for it through Roku Pay. In fact, I know you can access my account, and you can see that I just paid through September and into early October the amount of $2.99 per month. Now, last Friday, I was on the Common Sense Show app early in the day to see what was on. I went back later Friday and I was logged out for some mysterious reason. Since then, I haven't been able to login no matter what. I keep getting "username or password is invalid" It says to login using my email address registered with Roku. And, I've had conversations with the company that handles The Common Sense Show and they it shows that I have an account, but that it's inactive or whatever and that it is on the Roku end.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for the added information, @James747.

Firstly, may we first know your current OS version? Have you tried to remove the app, perform a system reboot, and then reinstall the app? If not, we highly suggest it to see if it will make any difference. Kindly check first on our website under Manage Your Subscriptions because the subscription must first be canceled before the channel can be removed from your Roku streaming device/TV. After doing so, kindly try to remove the channel by navigating to the channel tile on the Roku home screen, pressing the Star * key on your remote, and choosing "Remove channel." After doing so, try restarting your device from Settings > System > Power (skip this step if it is unavailable) > System Restart. After your Roku device restarts, visit the Roku channel store and add the channel again. 

Let us know how it goes!

Kind regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
James747
Channel Surfer

Can somebody tell me this? Does my not being able to login to The Common Sense Show have anything to do with their price increase? I had been paying $2.99 a month and they just recently hiked it to $3.99 a month. My being paid up until October 11th is at $2.99. Is there something I need to do so that I'm paying the proper amount? Am I supposed to cancel it out and re-apply so that I am charged the new amount. Seems like it would've done that automatically, just start charging me the new amount I know of no other reason as to why I cannot login. In fact, I just tried to sign up again and onscreen it said I already have an account. Certainly not getting anywhere on this. 

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

We appreciate the update @James747,

This seems like an account access issue, which our Accounts and Billing team can assist you further. You can reach them here at Accounts and Billing. Select the Accounts and Billing option to be redirected to their contact information.

We hope the best for you.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos