Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
psco5150
Reel Rookie

BritBox never loads after Roku ver 12.0.0 software update

After performing the latest Roku software update to 12.0.0 on 4/26/2023 BritBox never loads. It spins to load then goes to the Roku Home Screen 

8 REPLIES 8
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Re: BritBox never loads after Roku ver 12.0.0 software update

Hi @psco5150

Welcome to the Roku Community. 

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you experience after the update. We'd like to gather more information for us to assist you further. 

How are you accessing the channel, through The Roku Channel or directly to the channel? Does the issue only occur on a specific channel or all channels on your Roku device? Have you tried restarting your Roku device and see if it helps? We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.) > System restart.

Still no luck? Try removing the channel and reinstall it again. To ensure the process is successful, restart your device before adding the channel back in, follow the restart step above.

Keep us posted on how it goes. 

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos
Icstephen
Reel Rookie

Re: BritBox never loads ver 12.0.0

My bb will not load either, just spins than says something went wrong (zero over vero) and eventually dumps back to Roku Home Screen, all software is up to date and I rebooted. 

i am using the bb app and am running directly with ethernet cable. My speed is 540Mb. 

I’m running a Roku ultra 4670x, software is 11.5.0 - build 4312-46

this started today 

RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Re: BritBox never loads ver 12.0.0

Hello @Icstephen

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community!

If you are still unable to play videos from one channel after attempting the suggestions above by @RokuNimfa-C, videos from other channels play fine, contact the channel provider's customer support team to report the issue and get help. Channels on Roku are maintained by the channel developer themselves. In this case, there's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from Britbox developer.

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
Tenderdove
Reel Rookie

BritBox app crashing on Roku Express 4K+ since December

Scenario:  Since December anytime I try to open BritBox on my Roku, it buffers for 3 seconds and closes back to home screen.  I can watch on other non Roku devices with no problems.

Troubleshootin performed:
I have updated Roku and BritBox manually multiple times, to no avail.  I have deleted BritBox, restarted Roku, and reinstalled BritBox, to no avail.  I contacted BritBox back in March and was told that a correction had been sent to Roku.  

Issue ID/Serial number/Software version and build:

Model: 3941RW - Roku Express 4K+  Serial Number: X01600XR9N0C (S0AH222R9N0C)   Software Version: 12.0.0 Build 4184-CR. GC Version: 9.2.113. Timestamp: 2023-05-16T21:57:44Z

ID 0C-195-717

Channel software version, if applicable:  Version 3.0 Build 665

0 Kudos

Same issue with Britbox crashing to home

I've also been having this issue for several months. Britbox standalone app, icon spins for a couple seconds then crashes back to roku home every time. System/app on latest update, tried uninstall/restart/reinstall, and roku hard reset. All other apps working fine.

Roku device model: 4662RW - Roku Ultra LT
SN: YJ009E564852
Device ID: 046179564852
Software OS/version:12.0 0
Build: 4184-46
Tracker ID: 52-208-854

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Same issue with Britbox crashing to home

Hi @sunflowercrisp,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We understand that you are having an issue with the Britbox channel crashing on the home screen and we appreciate the troubleshooting steps you've done so far. 

One additional suggestion we would like for you to try by performing a system update. You can check for a manual system update by navigating to Home > Settings > System > System update > Check now. and see if you notice any difference.

For more troubleshooting steps with any channel playback issue, follow our Support link: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support

Please let us know if the issue is fixed or reply back to the thread for further assistance, we will be glad to help you.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
TechTite

Re: BritBox app crashing on Roku Express 4K+ since December

Having the same problem as you. It buffers the BritBox logo for 3 seconds then goes back to Roku home page. Only started after update 12. Doesn't work on 2 different Roku Ultra 4ks. Did all the same troubleshooting that is always asked and nothing. Nothing is getting answered in these forums and people are paying for a product. Who's fault that it doesn't work is moot. Just fix it please. Also give us the ability to rollback any app's software update for this very reason.

RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: BritBox app crashing on Roku Express 4K+ since December

Hi @TechTite.

Thank you for reaching us here at the Roku Community!

We recognize that you are having issues with accessing the BritBox app on your Roku streaming device and we also appreciate the troubleshooting steps that you've done so far. No worries, we're here to find you the best resolution.

Kindly provide us the following details below so that we may be able to pass this along to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Does this issue occur on a specific channel? If so, what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (whenever you see this issue occurs, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
  • Kindly state the troubleshooting steps that you've done so far.
  • If possible, can you provide a screenshot or video of the issue occurring.

We look forward for your response. Thank you!

All the best,

Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.