Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jennieyc

Roku stopping work and after troubleshooting I did a reset and is just saying can't update and does

Hello,

Last night the Roku device just stopped working completely it would not connect to anything. It kept asking home or dorm all of a sudden. I did a factory reset after trying everything else and now it is saying cannot update and nothing happens. 

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
jontalk
Roku Guru

Re: Roku stopping work and after troubleshooting I did a reset and is just saying can't update and d

What model Roku and is it plugged into a surge protector? If not, its possible your power flicked on and off and ruined it. That said, its an electronic device and there's no such thing as them lasting forever 🙂

Power User (film maker)
Mill Valley, CA

Jonathan
Roku Ultra 4800R; LG OLED55B7A, ONKYO TX-NR636, Panasonic Blu Ray, Definitive Studio Monitor 450 (L/R), Definitive LCR 2000 (center), Definitive 10" sub-woofer, Definitive surrounds. Motorola MB8600 modem. Asus RT-AX68U WiFi 6 router. Western Digital Power Line network adapters
0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku stopping work and after troubleshooting I did a reset and is just saying can't update an...

Hi @jennieyc,
Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!
We understand that you're having a problem with your Roku device since it can't update the software. We would be more than happy to look further into this issue, but will need more details. Can you please provide us the following information:

• What error message or code are you getting after trying to connect to your network?
  • How far is your Roku device from your network router?
  • How are you trying to connect to your network, it is via wired or  wireless connection?
  • Did we recently make any changes to your network or network provider?
  • Do you have cellular data so we can try connecting your Roku device to your hotspot?

Once we have this information, we will be able to assist you further.

Best regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.